Eon (Illustration) Entry: Prabath Wijayantha

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #16
Smile Thank you!

Hey people,THANKS loads for the awesome support you guys have thrown in.But I need to let you guys in on something important here.First of all,this is only going to be the front of the main architecture which means it`s only a portion of the bigger picture.(Anyone who loves this composition,please bear with me.)And the other important thing is I`m opting to do the texturing in PS 7 as I don`t want the final image to end up looking too 3D & since I matte paint a lot I feel more comfy dooing it by hand,also it`s far more efficient.In the mean time check out my portfolio at; WWW.prabath.cgsociety.org

Cheers to all you guys & GOOD LUCK!

Prabath.

Old 10 October 2006   #17
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Eon(illustration)

Hey everyone,as promissed here`s theinitial composition of the architecture & colours.I will soon start work on textures & the rest of the environment like the sky & atmospheric effects & the all important Crator Creator;the massive explosion.
Cheers & Good Luck to all.

Prabath.

Last edited by prabath : 10 October 2006 at 03:50 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #18
Thumbs up Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Eon(illustration)

Hey guys,I assume those who loved the earlier composition would bear with me.Please don`t be disappointed.Also what do you guys think about the lights?
Cheers!

Prabath.

Last edited by prabath : 10 October 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #19
dude this is amazing! love the entire environment!

cant wait to c the final draw!

cheers prabath! n good luck to u!

n hey! wishing u and ur family a very happy diwali!

Old 10 October 2006   #20
nice details Prabath.keep going on

Old 10 October 2006   #21
Great Use of Bryce

i didn't know bryce could do architecture that well.You absolutely must do a
tutorial .Some comments,you subcompositions all have a dominant element
eg the explosion ,how do you plan to mesh them together and keep the picture balanced?

Old 10 October 2006   #22
Thumbs up Thanks guys.

Hey guys,THANKS! for the comments,Hmm!A tutorial,I`ll see what I can do.As for the rest of the image(i.e. except the architecture),it`s going to be a huge matte painting,which means the cluods,the explosion & the atmospheric elements will be done in PS 7 like with the textures of the buildings & colours.

Cheers & Good luck to all!

Prabath.

Old 10 October 2006   #23
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Eon(Illustration)Entry

Here`s the final composition of the architecture minus the miniature pieces like small buildings,evacuating ships,monuments etc.Then it`s "bomb`s away".

Cheers & good luck to all!

Old 10 October 2006   #24
Smile

I really like the feel of the colours, weight from the solid structures and depth in this illustration with the focal point being the engraved head. My only question is i don't get the feeling of evacuation but instead stillness. Maybe there is a reason for this. Keep up the good work!

Old 10 October 2006   #25
calm and beautifull mood, great work on composition and scale. i am not 100% sure what part of the book this is supposed to be but the piece itself is really beautifull. keep up the great work

Old 10 October 2006   #26
Very good work! Only thing that bothers me is the slight mirrored feel.

Good sense of scale.

Old 10 October 2006   #27
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Eon(Illustration)Entry:The death begins

Hellow people,here`s the latest additions to the piece.As the titile states the Death begins here & marks the catastrophic nuclear war at its tumultuos climax.This is a rough composite & requires much "polishing" & some additional elements of the civilization.As usual all crits are welcome.

Cheers & Good luck to all.

Prabath.

Old 10 October 2006   #28
this looks great!! i haven't read the whole thing but i think the death happened on earth, and that building or ship looks too futuristic, but still looks fantastic!

Old 10 October 2006   #29
its looking good up until the initial color pass stage. After that it has lost the sense of scale, which reduce the impact of the death.

Old 10 October 2006   #30
Final composite and colour timing: Eon(Illustration)Entry:the death

Hey everyone,just finished making some adjustments to help the overall scale.If it needs anything feel free to point it out guys.

Cheers!

Thread Closed share thread