Eon (Illustration) Entry: Tiziano Baracchi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Image looking great! The one suggestion I might make is to make Lanier a bit less pale, but it depends how you want the viewer's eye to move in the piece. Keep up the great work!

12 December 2006
Thank you! Yes, you're right about him, I've done some slight changes to Lanier while working on the background, hope you'll like the coming update too.

12 December 2006
Final composite and colour timing: The Fourth Chamber - tweaking and refining more and more

Worked on the landscape following Ivy00's suggestion. After a bit of thought worked some more on Lanier, adding reflected light and some age creases.

It feels like I'm almost ready to let this one go,it's very near to final for me.
I'll leave it in peace for a while, and then, after a last look and possibly a bit of tweaking if you guys feel something is off, it will be posted as final.

Thank you everyone that stopped by and commented, your help has been invaluable. :-)

12 December 2006
very nice so far bro, her face is fantasticly done.

12 December 2006
Hi Tiziano,

First of all thanks for voting on my thread, second is I want to say I that you have made wonderful updates so far ...keep up the good work man!..

-raffy

my EON entry

12 December 2006
nice updates, I noticed the color changes in the thumbnail

12 December 2006
No objections for it to be called finished here . Thats is some top notch work tiziano, gotta be proud with this effort!.

Awesome, good on ya ^^

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

12 December 2006
I would indeed call that complete and a wonderful success. It has been amazing and inspiring to watch you work Thaldir, and I can only hope that one day I'll get as good as that. Thanks for the opputunity to learn.

Nekomouse

12 December 2006
T-money, you are doing a wonderfull job my friend. I see you added a lot of detail to your environment as well. I would consider Patricial pretty much done. The only thing that looks a little off on her is her arm right below her shoulder. It looks like its a little behind in detial compared to the rest of her suit. But thats my only crit on her. Sharpen up Lanier a little bit more, because he's a little faded in the contrast of the background, he should be a little crisper since he's closer to the viewer. Then a few detailing on the close up structure and you're pretty much done.

It was a pleasure following you on this man, brilliant work and thanks for the hints regarding skin tones.

12 December 2006
Coming along nicely. You're almost done i think. The thing that seems to need some more attention now is lanier. He needs to have some more color so as to pop out just a little more from the background.

12 December 2006
amazing detail on Patricia`s face my friend seems great!!

12 December 2006
Folks, I don't know what to say at such great feedback from you all. Thank you very much! It's appreciated more than I can hope to say.

Kazziu, idyeaah, Ivy00, LightSovereign, bandro : *bows* thank you soo much for your appreciation and the vote of confidence.

Nekomouse: you make me blush, one day I'll be worthy of such high praise I hope. If meanwhile you think I could be of any help (should you happen to need it) I'll be happy to oblige.

Terro, RaresHalmagean:thank you so much for the suggestions! I'm letting the piece lie for about a week, then after Christmas I'll go back to it with (hopefully) fresh eyes and the pointers you gave me.

12 December 2006
Hi Thaldir,

I have great feelings about this image. Nice work man :] Little work on that man behind ( second plan) and for me work is done :]

Good luck on EON :]

Andrzej

12 December 2006
Just amazing the details you've putted in her face!!
Really nice atmosphere you got there!
Maybe just that a bit of depth is missing i think.
Maybe because of the darktones in her suite, that are almost of the same value as the clouds in the upper left corner.Maybe you could push a bit further the contrast in the foreground.
Some reflects of that light in the sky on the water could be cool also maybe.
Just suggestions ofcourse because your pic is just great!!!
THumbs up mate!

12 December 2006
Final composite and colour timing: Final Tweaking

After a few days'stop I went over your suggestions and looked at this with somewhat fresher eyes, here is the result.

Lanier got most of the new work, I detailed him more (resizing the face for ease of working and scaling it down again when I was done), Patricia's arm (below the shoulder) also got more attention, it needed a bit stronger light.
Worked some more on the clouds and the landscape, shifting those greens a bit towards cyan, as per mr. Bear's decription.

...And stared at the whole some more.

As I see it now it's just lacking my sig, opinions?

May you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Thread Closed share thread