Show off your favorite piece of lighting

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 10 October 2004   #46
Some great shots everyone! Here's some stuff I'll throw in. All done in the standard max render. Lots of bounce light faking.

I had lots of fun lighting this guy:

-

I had an unhealty obsession with folesent lights for awhile. I really liked the sick stark mood they gave off. Here's one where I was trying to achive the same mood that they gave me. All standard max render with lots of post work to the colors in PS.

More bounce light faking practice:

I hope you like...

Old 11 November 2004   #47
heres some stuff Ive done:

Quictime VR room
http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart/images/trend4.mov

Sorry for the overkill

Old 11 November 2004   #48
Andrew W & Percy Daman..........Your work is unreal. Not only the lighting, but the images and renderings complete the work brilliantly

Old 11 November 2004   #49
Thanks jophus! Just representin all of us that dont do this for a living yet Enjoyed looking at all of your guy's works.

Old 11 November 2004   #50
PercyDaman: If you don't mind, I would love to know your lighting setup for this image that you created, do you mind sharing it?

Old 11 November 2004   #51
sure no problem. i used vray so I put large area lights at all the windows set to really low multipliers. Theres a direct light for the sun. Then I played with exposure settings until I liked how it looked.

Old 11 November 2004   #52
Of course.....Vray.......i have to look into getting it. All nice interior renders that i see are rendered using Vray. I'm using Max6 and messing around with skylights and lighttracer, but i can't seem to get my lighting right.

Old 11 November 2004   #53
I haven't used it, but I dont think its all that different. Just the way you have to approach it. Oh and speed of course.

Old 11 November 2004   #54
My recent work

Another hobbyist work, using freeware tools. I guess there is not much else to say. Wings3D is a polygon modeller with the most intuitive interface I ever tried. Feels simply natural. Rendered with POV-Ray, for which I have a great affection and long time experience.

Old 11 November 2004   #55
wow very nice work, would be great even if it was rendered with a multi thousand dollar package...

Old 12 December 2004   #56
Studio ligthing

A little image where I tried to work the same way I do in a studio.
Maya Software render

Salute!
Arturo Chomyszyn

Old 12 December 2004   #57
Putting out that tentative toe in the water

Hello. I must say there is some really nice work being shown on this thread. I am going to tentatively put forth a few shots from one of my favorite projects. Just to see what comes back. I come from a stage lighting background, and I've been trying to work with that style of lighting in 3D, but man is it a whole other world in there. As I'm sure you all know. Anyway, enough blathering, here be my tentative first entry to this forum:

Old 12 December 2004   #58
I think this is my best one in lighting. Great images you have posted here.

Old 12 December 2004   #59
Did you use Vray for your renderer? Nice interior scene, but i noticed that the chair seems a little small compared to some of the other items on the room and why is there a cabinet right in the middle of an opening?

Last edited by jophus14 : 12 December 2004 at 03:49 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #60
jophus14 - no I used mental ray. It is quite a old image and now Im using Brazil. And the chair I think you are right - I realized it only now. Noone noticed this befor. The cabinet is there for zoning the space between corridor and living room.

reply share thread