|04 April 2014||#1|
Benna El jial
Join Date: May 2011
How could i make this render better?
I tried a lot to make it better ....... But i don't know why i can't get it right........
I use 3D max 2014 , V ray.....
Last edited by HosamElgendy : 04 April 2014 at 01:50 PM.
|04 April 2014||#2|
Senior CG Generalist
Join Date: Mar 2012
I think just adjusting your lights a bit could really make this piece go along way. The first thing I'd change is the sharpness of your shadows so they're not so hard and crisp. Depending on the time of day of your shot you may want to increase more light influence coming from the window and less from the lamps in the room. Cool room though, I love all the detail put into the models.
|05 May 2014||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2014
I feel like objects are overall too much glossy, especially chairs (seats and armrests) and the gilding on the ceiling.
On the first image, did you use uncommon FOV ? It seems like the scene is distorted but maybe it's me (and it is not related directly to the scene).
As dmillercg said, maybe the indoor lights are too bright and I feel like the rendering would benefit more contrast.
|06 June 2014||#4|
Join Date: May 2014
The room is pretty!
You should definitely change the shadow sharpness and increase window light as dmillercg said. I agree with Yenapas-Yps about the glossiness of the objects. This could probably be solved by reducing amount of indoor light.
Highlights aren't matching with positions of the lights in the scene. Thinking about light sources in the room can help you decide the brightness at different part of the room. Having some darker area can bring up the contrast in the scene!
|06 June 2014||#5|
senior lighting td
blue sky studios
new york, United States
Join Date: Jun 2008
here are my notes:
first image ::
- too evenly lit and needs to direct the audience's eye...what is the focal point?
- shadows are too hard...need to soften
- lights are blowing out near wall lights
- spec is too much on the foreground table
- the lighting should center around the chandeliers and get darker in the area between them.
- possibly a little DOF
- foreground vase and flowers are too dark
second image ::
- weird yellow spec on ceiling
- kill the spec on the floor
- hard shadows need to get soft
- weird line on ceiling, upper screen right
- again, just too evenly lit...focus the viewer's eye
you should look at reference images for these types of interior shots when you get stuck. that always helps me.
|reply share thread|