MRay Daylight system, sky porta and interiors

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013

Hello everybody.
I'm trying to make a sort of a simulation of a real lighting condition with MRay's Daylight system. I've imported and scaled my dwg, inserted the daylight system fixed the North direction and set up the location, time etc, etc. I inserted the daylight portals at every window and launched some test renders.

RESULT

NOT ENOUGH ILLUMINATION EVEN WHEN I INCREASE PHOTON'S ENERGY AND A SORT OF TOO BRIGHT AREA ON THE CEILING NEAR THE WINDOW WHERE ON MY THOUGHT IT SHOULDEN'T BE. (I'm attaching some img.)
If anybody can help me improve my work I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1w.jpg (17.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 10000w.jpg (19.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 10003w.jpg (19.1 KB, 20 views)

06 June 2013
I guess you have to tweak the FG settings, increase may be and use those portal from outside of the window.

06 June 2013

Well portals are already posted on the outside border of the windows. What do you exactly mean with increase FG? There are different parameters.

06 June 2013
i see some light leak , but the bright ceiling effects isnt entirely unnatural.

i say maybe decrease some energy and brighten your image with exposure. also to avoid leakage increase photons but first check that your sun photons focus is pointed to the window to avoid missing photons..

06 June 2013

Although the bright ceiling isn't entiraly unnatural, I think it isn't entirely natural too (I may be wrong about this but I'm sure that if I draw the scene with a pencil the brightest area in the ceiling woulden't benext to the wall). I would like to obtain a final result that is the closest possible to the real life light. Decreasing energy and giving more light with envrionement controll seems to be praety helpfull.

06 June 2013
@sducella

Use this settings in FG . May be it will help you.

Initial FG Point Density - 1
Rays per FG Point - 100
Interpolate over Num. FG Point - 10

07 July 2013
Edit - just saw you're using portals.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread