Thanks to all who participated on our last mini challenge.
We will have a BIG challenge up in the next few weeks
OK we have the winners:
Alex Oliver -31 votes
HIREZ RENDER LINK :
Best WIP thread & Best Bust:
- Krishnamurti M. Costa - - 19 votes (WIP THREAD)
HARDCORE MODELING!: Stan Winston Tribute: Pumpkinhead
and the big one of course:
Krishnamurti M. Costa - Pumpkinhead -30 votes
Krishnamurti M. Costa
This is the third of 3 models I finished for this challenge. It's Pumpkinhead, created for the movie with the same name, directed by Stan. In his hand, a motorcycle chain. Watch the movie to know more about it.
100% poly painted in Zbrush. Base mesh modeled in Maya, imported in Zbrush for rapid prototyping, retopologized in Maya, back to ZBrush for detail reprojection and further fine detailing and posing using Transpose Master. No images were used for texturing, only regular alphas. The final mesh has about 12 million polys but it was rendered with one subD level less, at 3 million polys, imported directly to Maya. No displacements nor normal maps/bump used. Everything is pure geometry. Rendered in Mental Ray with 4 area lights. FastskinSSS shader used. Only color map and cavity map used (cavity plugged into the ambient slot). Render time: about 25 minutes each, on a Dual Quadcore + 8GB RAM, running Maya 2008 and Zbrush 3.1
I had a blast. Congrats to everybody who managed to finish and thank you all who stopped by my thread to say hello.
Best WIP thread:
- Krishnamurti M. Costa -Pumpkinhead -30 votes
Stan Winston, T2, Alien Quee,TRex, Pumpking Head
- Krishnamurti M. Costa- Stan - 46 votes
Stan Winston, T2, Alien Quee,TRex, Pumpking Head -31 votes
Legacy Post Below:
Welcome to the latest round of the HCR Modeling mini challenge.
I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the quality of the outstanding models that have been produced.
So please take a moment and VOTE for your favorite piece.
You may read the rules of the mini challenge here:
HCR MINI-Challenge #16: Stan Winston Tribute -rules
Anyway, lets get on with the voting!
Please vote for :
The best model will be selected by an open vote
for these categories:
- Best WIP thread
- Best Bust
- Best Diorama
- Best Model
NOTE TO ALL VOTERS: The principal judging criteria to all voters should be
how well the model was sculpted. The beauty render & the shading should not be the most important judging factors for the Best Overall Entry.
(Note Bump and Normal maps are acceptable modeling methods)
Following are all participants eligible for voting and their entries: (Click the names)
- Please judge ALL the models to determine the best model
- If you think an entry is better server in other category that it is not listed ,you may VOTE for it.
- Timothy Callaway -Terminator
- Majid Smiley - MarloK
- Paulius Gavorskis - Predator
- Deepam Pathak - Velociraptor (JPIII)
- Dave McSween -Pumpkinhead
- Sean Kelly- Predator
- Thyme -T-Saint/Tank girl
- Faraz Mobin- T2
- Jonathan Wilson -TRex
- NEMORIKO - Pterodactylus
- Helder Alves - Trakk
- Cory Cosper -The Penguin
- Alican Serbest- The Powerloader
- Andrew Guagliardo (Tasp) -Facehugger
- SANKET GUPTA -Pumpkinhead
- Wyatt Harris -Predator
- Marty Hon -The Penguin
- Christian Sanchez -Sayer of the Law (Island of Dr. Moreau 1996)
- Kyoichi Shimazaki- T2
- Santosh Kumar - Predator
- Maxwell Umo - Mayor Ghoul
- Krishnamurti M. Costa -Stan
- Mirco Paolini -T-rex Attack Scene
- Max Chan - Ironman Vs IronMonger
- Alex Oliver -
Stan Winston, T2, Alien Quee,TRex, Pumpking Head (page1,page2,page3,page4)
- Andrew Hakim Lie -Terminator (endo)
- Andrew Hakim Lie -Terminator
- Deepam Pathak -Velociraptor (JPIII)
- Deepam Pathak-Pteranodon (JPIII)
- Antonio Peres (Peres 3D)-Trex
- Antonio Peres (Peres 3D)-Triceratops
- Krishnamurti M. Costa - T-Rex
- Krishnamurti M. Costa -Pumpkinhead
Next week I will tally the results and I'll anounce the winner.
Good luck to all our participants.
And dont forget to peek into the discussion thread for our next challenge:
Lets talk about the next challenge...(Star Wars Steampunk)