HMC 8: John McClane : Bust

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
HMC 8: John McClane : Bust

Final:

First post:

Previous night i've decided to give it a try to model Mr. Willis. (no i don't give up my leonidas model)
I usually don't prefer box modeling. This time, without worrying about topology i choose it for basemesh. Except that low poly basemesh, i've used Zbrush to sculpt the model. It's hard to maintain the proportions in zbrush but i've tried my best =)
I'll continue the model after retopologize it.

Here is the current progress:

References:

Last edited by turx : 05 May 2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add the references

03 March 2007
wow what a great start

03 March 2007
Yes, its a good likeness already, judging by your portfolio work I'm sure this will turn out great

03 March 2007
thanks for the comments guys =)

i've retopologized the mesh and worked on the likeness.
he became a bit old because of the refs i've used =)
i'll make him younger on next update.

here is the current progress:

03 March 2007
Hello ,i like a lot your old guy character in your portofolio so i think this Bruce will be a special one pice like that....for the moment i think you could work a little more to the looklike ...look good but with all references you can get for a simple normal Bruce Willis expression, you can do better...Good luck!

03 March 2007
hmm....somewhere in between the last 2 updates you lost bruce....hope you can find him....lol...keep at it this one should be good

04 April 2007
tigertiger, thanks so much for nice words. I'll try to do my best.

The proportions became a bit off (because of some wrong reference choise) but the main problem of the model is eyes which i couldn't work much. i'll work on the likeness some more, before i go with the upper body for the bust.

robo, thanks so much. You are right about losing the likeness. I hope i can make the model look like better when it's finished.

Here is a small update about proportions, and the wire of the model:

04 April 2007
Is looking good for now but you can work more on the eyes (the part that is covering the upper eyelids ) and face shape ( i think the jaw is the first part you can improve).
I'll keep an eye on your thread to see more updates

04 April 2007
wow...you move veryFast...where do you find the time?!...

anyways....wonderful model...not quite Bruce, but I can see him in yourModel....

ltr-

- .....the most important things in life are always theones without form..... -

04 April 2007
hey dude, very good model! i bet your entry will be one of the best ones. keep going

04 April 2007
misu: Thanks Mihai! Love your works! As i look at your old bruce willis model, i see that mine is far away to be bruce yet. I get the points that you wrote, i'll work more on those areas.

Binder: Thanks mate! I know it's far away to be Bruce now, but i promise it'll be at least stunt lookalike of bruce at the end =)

AlperGONEN: Thanks Alper! There are lots of great artists with great entries. I'll try my best.

Here is the update:

04 April 2007
turx, great model! I think you can give a more full, or round quality to some details, to make it more organic, and more young too

http://webpages.csus.edu/~ald28/bruce.jpg

I'll keep an eye on this thread

Cheers!

04 April 2007
man,so close turx! it's all there, you just have to tease out the likeness some more; so close on every angle. i know you'll do it! can't wait to see more

robo

04 April 2007
great model ! i think that there is a problem with the eyes. i am not sure but they go out of the face.

04 April 2007
Now he's really coming together!

Thread Closed share thread