HCR MINI-Challenge #41: Heroes of Saturday Morning- Dungeons And Dragons v2.0

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2014   #1
HCR MINI-Challenge #41: Heroes of Saturday Morning- Dungeons And Dragons v2.0

Not the wisest thing to do. Got a months contract at a firm in London. After that I have two months work on a cg Wolf. I have to find time to do this.
Will post some ref as usual. Idea is that we go back to the programme 20 years later, the style has been updated to reflect audiences of today, but the characters have aged.
Anyway, wish me luck.

MY HMC

Old 08 August 2014   #2
Hit the motherlode.
http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.c...r-sketches.html

I will collate and post a montage of the characters. And then start formulating how they age and how the new style will gel.

MY HMC

Old 08 August 2014   #3
WOW! Airflow! thank you so much for the link mate! WOW! much obliged.... Cheers

Wip= Character study "Varaha"

Old 08 August 2014   #4
Originally Posted by Airflow: Hit the motherlode.

No kidding, that should help a bit. Venger's head is crazy looking.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 08 August 2014   #5
No probs. Yeah, I want to make them older, more jaded/battle work and a touch more realistic. For style, maybe Ben Ten x Batman Animated...

MY HMC

Old 08 August 2014   #6
Right I want to start with Eric, to set the tone.
He was my fave character and I always though if they did a live action film, John Cusack would play him. So here are the ref images.

So the idea in the cartoon was Cavalier was a coward and also was a defender. I want his older self to be a seasoned warrior but with the emphasis on the shield.

MY HMC

Old 08 August 2014   #7
Aww yeah, Another fave series of mine...I love the concept of seeing these characters more grown-up. I think John Cusack is perfect for Eric.
Also...Dat link with the sketches is awesomesauce! >_>
Looking forward to watching this progress.
PlanetRider
Wraith

Old 08 August 2014   #8
Cheers. Have been so busy my weekend was finishing a job for another firm. So I will update with basemesh and sculpt block out, tonight.

MY HMC

Old 08 August 2014   #9
Been a while but here are my first Eric Updates.
The style will probably change, but I am trying to fix on a base style and then go abit 90's-00's cartoon style on it.

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 08 August 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Old 08 August 2014   #10
Looking good, Rob. Eric is such a fun character and he presents many possibilities for updating.

Currently working on...HCR #42

Old 08 August 2014   #11
Thanks. I have not had alot of time to spare. By the time I get home and eat the day is gone, but should be able to spend some time tomorrow getting him looking more like Eric/John. Maybe even get time to make the shield.

MY HMC

Old 09 September 2014   #12
Hi, Had an extesion to my job so I think I can only do four characters at the most. I would like to know who else you would like to see. Venger its the next up. But should I do the horse too.
Also, if you have any crits. I hope to be able to work on those tonight after work.

Update.

MY HMC

Old 09 September 2014   #13
Looking very good. The shield is super.

Rob, you are one of the most hard working people I know, and you do tend to burn the candle at both ends of the day. Be sure to leave some free time for yourself.

That said, I would recommend modelling Venger, on his horse, with that spectre-like minion in tow. I think that would be an ideal workload, instead of trying to bash through the entire cast!

Currently working on...HCR #42

Old 09 September 2014   #14
Thanks alot mate, now if you could just tell my GF. I want to put some rivets on the shield, and add the handles. I want to pose him on one knee, and thought about giving him a sword, not sure if that's overkill. What do you guys think?
So I will do Venger and the horse. I think we should have the archer guy also. I would like to do one of the females too. So its looking like a diorama, as I was gonna have then lined up with Venger in the background.

MY HMC

Old 09 September 2014   #15
The Ranger always seemed like the lead character so he's a good candidate. After that they were all pretty appealing in their own way. The Acrobat was pretty dynamic but I guess that would depend on what they will be doing.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

reply share thread