HCR # 39 - Giant Monsters/Giant Robots: Gundam Seed - GAT-X105 or ZGMF-10A

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Updates please. Hark at me!!.. I can talk.

MY HMC

10 October 2013
Boone: Thanks, mate! I'll try my best not to disappoint.

Airflow: lol I'm working on it whenever I can squeeze in some time and will post a new image when I have the legs roughly blocked in to match the rest of the body at this stage of the game. That may be tomorrow if all goes well or the day after.

Cheers!

10 October 2013
I haven't been able to get as much done as I would have liked, but here's a quick update image anyways:

Reshaped the feet & ankle-guards, added some parts here and there, ie the elbows, side-skirt/railgun-support, some blocks where the back maneuvering-thrusters will go, tweaked a few shapes and adjusted overall proportions, all still in Dynamesh. Next up: legs and folded railgun.

Cheers!

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 10 October 2013 at 07:20 AM.

10 October 2013
Kewl!

Currently working on...HCR #42

10 October 2013
Glad your're liking it so far!

I managed some time to finish sketching in the legs and admittedly went a little overboard with the amount of refining for this stage. Aw well, it needed to be done at some point anyways and now the rest of the body has to catch up to the legs.

Everything still 100% ZBrush, ultimately in Dynamesh and still keeping it more or less loose at this point. Next are the hands, weapons and wings, plus I'll be adjusting a few things here and there on the fly as usual.

Cheers!

PS: As usual you can, 'RMB > View Image' to see a somewhat larger view than displayed in the post.

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 10 October 2013 at 12:33 PM.

10 October 2013
you should do a URL link on your IMG for open an other tab with your fullsize img.

replace the * by < >

*URL=http://your img link.jpg* *img* http://your img link.jpg */img* */url*

Nice model so far man. Can't believe people go Hardsurface in zbrush. I use to go old style! any way nice updates for the legs.

Last edited by Scote : 10 October 2013 at 01:13 PM.

10 October 2013
updates

Its looking great, I'll second Scote on the quote about hard surface sculpting in Zbrush, I stick with 3d max on that still, but I can see its perfectly doable in zbrush too with some skill Keeping an eye on this, good luck

11 November 2013
Thanks, guys!

ZBrush has really come a long way in regards to hard-surface tools in the last few versions, beginning with the first release of ZB4. Initially this project here was more or less screaming poly-modeling in Max to me and I wouldn't have attempted something like this back in ie ZB3, but these days its different. There's a lot of great tools in ZB now for this kind of thing, but it requires kind of a new, albeit more real-world/analog approach to it, which is kinda cool, I think.

If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend you check out this thread and video on ZBC by Tom Paul to get a really good idea of the newly possible workflows. I've been putting off learning these new tools for much too long now and thought this challenge would be a great opportunity to really wrap my head around the new possibilities. Hence, I'll try to stick to ZB as much as I can up until rendering with this model and will only step into Max or Maya if I feel I really have to. Tom Paul's vid was a great primer for that.

Cheers!

11 November 2013
is looking awesome, keep it up.

11 November 2013
I can see as laie, good planning and drawing up, work convinced.

Thanks this spectacular steps was brave and you have gone done in Zbrush.

you keep it!

11 November 2013
Glad you like it so far, guys!

Will post a new update tomorrow with the sketched-in waist-mounted rail-guns.

Cheers!

11 November 2013
Here's the above mentioned update:

Added the waist railgun and posed a morph target for the extended position. The latter looks kind of weird from this angle. lol

Cheers!

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 11 November 2013 at 11:48 AM.

11 November 2013
Amazing!
Im not a fan of Gundam, but I really like all the details you're modelling into this.

11 November 2013
Thanks, Pablo. Glad you like it at least in that respect.

Here's an update with the main thruster backpack.

The wings will attach to this thing eventually, at the circular openings on the sides.
I once again forgot to merge all subtools before grabbing the clay-shaded image, hence the backpack shows up in a lighter color.

I probably need to scale that thing down a bit. Seems a tad big looking at it right now.

Cheers!

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 11 November 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Thread Closed share thread