Heads up: The next challenge launches in ONE WEEK..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09 September 2013   #1
Heads up: The next challenge launches in ONE WEEK..

Jut an FYI guys.

-R
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
Old 09 September 2013   #2
So is it the Doctor Who tribute?
__________________
Casting Refs: CGready.com - CG Movies list: CGanimated.com
 
Old 09 September 2013   #3
I'm sure you al ready have an idea in mind for the contest but I just saw Pacific Rim and the movie has so much flexibility for character design due to the small glimpse into the history of that universe/story. It should be pretty easy for people to get on board creating a Jager(giant robot) or Kaiju(giant monster) with pretty relaxed design restrictions. The extreme artists could even do a jager kaiju battle diorama.
 
Old 09 September 2013   #4
Originally Posted by LeeSalo: I'm sure you al ready have an idea in mind for the contest but I just saw Pacific Rim and the movie has so much flexibility for character design due to the small glimpse into the history of that universe/story. It should be pretty easy for people to get on board creating a Jager(giant robot) or Kaiju(giant monster) with pretty relaxed design restrictions. The extreme artists could even do a jager kaiju battle diorama.


Ok I like that idea A lot...
We could call it.
GIANT ROBOTS/GIANT MONSTERS...

SOLD!

DR Who can wait until November since it is closer to the introduction of the next Dr.
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
Old 09 September 2013   #5
does it have to be Pacific Rim?
__________________
and something, something.
 
Old 09 September 2013   #6
Originally Posted by rochre26: does it have to be Pacific Rim?

No, GIANT MONSTERS & ROBOTS can be any character that fits that Criteria:

Voltron, Mazinger Z,Gigantor/Tetsujin 28,Mechagodzilla,Power Ranger Zords and MegaZords,Evangelion, Iron Giant and or course the Jaegers from Pacific Rim.


In the case of the monster you got Gamera, Rodan, Mothra, King Kong, Ultraman and of course the King of the Monsters Godzilla.

OR...
You could make up your own.
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government


Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 09 September 2013 at 07:27 PM.
 
Old 09 September 2013   #7
What about a nintendo Challenge as a tribute to the former president Hiroshi Yamauchi
 
Old 09 September 2013   #8
Originally Posted by TRESDberserk: What about a nintendo Challenge as a tribute to the former president Hiroshi Yamauchi

Ican see that working, but later in the season.

-R
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
Old 09 September 2013   #9
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: No, GIANT MONSTERS & ROBOTS can be any character that fits that Criteria:

Voltron, Mazinger Z,Gigantor/Tetsujin 28,Mechagodzilla,Power Ranger Zords and MegaZords,Evangelion, Iron Giant and or course the Jaegers from Pacific Rim.


In the case of the monster you got Gamera, Rodan, Mothra, King Kong, Ultraman and of course the King of the Monsters Godzilla.

OR...
You could make up your own.


I'm assuming Gundam is fair game too?!

Cheers!
__________________
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."-Bruce Lee


 
Old 09 September 2013   #10
Originally Posted by TheRazorsEdge: I'm assuming Gundam is fair game too?!

Cheers!


Of course, A Giant Robot.
BUT Transformers is out.
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
Old 09 September 2013   #11
Great! Now all I need is some spare time. lol

Cheers!
__________________
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."-Bruce Lee


 
Old 09 September 2013   #12
Im a new modeler in Maya but want to do one to get better

I'm wanting to get better so I want to join one and do it. to get better at modeling
 
Old 09 September 2013   #13
Me too. Patlabor, vs Kaiju. Fried awesome gold. Don't think I will have any time. I am moving this week, got freelance work and am doing some visualisation work on weekends. Sooooo. Why is the Rum always gone!.
__________________
*(GOZER)-During the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants, it chose the form of a giant SLOAR...


MY HMC
 
Old 09 September 2013   #14
Originally Posted by RobertoOrtiz: Of course, A Giant Robot.
BUT Transformers is out.

Just to be clear, there actually are a few truly massive Transformers that fit the giant robot category. Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Unicron, Devastator, Predaking, Omega Supreme, & Dinoking spring to mind. Also, some like the Headmasters had human pilots. Plus, disallow Transformers and you'd have to disallow Voltron too since Voltron was made up of transforming lions/cars.
 
Old 09 September 2013   #15
Originally Posted by TinGooch: Just to be clear, there actually are a few truly massive Transformers that fit the giant robot category. Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Unicron, Devastator, Predaking, Omega Supreme, & Dinoking spring to mind. Also, some like the Headmasters had human pilots. Plus, disallow Transformers and you'd have to disallow Voltron too since Voltron was made up of transforming lions/cars.

You got a point but we will do Transformers as a unique challenge.
__________________
LW FREE MODELS:FOR REAL Home Anatomy Thread
FXWARS
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.