HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale! Winner!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
If this is the correct thread for voting...

BEST WIP: AJ1
BEST MODEL COLLECTION: Seravi
BEST DIORAMA: Reedomatic01
BEST MODEL: Airflow

Entries for collection and diorama were thin on the ground, so I went for I felt were the closest matches...

...just a shout out to Kanga: I really liked your Tomb Raider entry and wanted to vote for it for best model, but I could not deny Airflows extra effort for pose which brings his Catwoman to life. Even still, yours is most professional and to not tip my hat to you would be an injustice.

Last edited by Boone : 04 April 2013 at 10:18 PM.

04 April 2013
BEST MODEL COLLECTION: antonioperes
BEST DIORAMA: ARTISTOC
BEST MODEL: antonioperes

Antonio, congratulations on making the best anatomy! Your model looks the most balanced and believable, not being overwhelmed with details, but it's more about the initial design of Lara. Technically, you're definitely on the edge.

ARTISTOC, your render looks the most emotional due to choosing an appropriate background, which adds to the character.

AJ1, Airflow, cbeese, Kanga - great works as well, but it's hard to beat the concept of Lara, which is very elegant, and that' why I perhaps chose that entry. Also it has a very good texturing, which complements to it. Your works - of any of you, are quite to the standard of quality of today's videogames at least, and you can be proud placing them in your portfolio.
The others also made a good job, but not all of them are quite finished, I guess not all people had enough time.
Thank you for any of you who made those models - it brings inspiration to souls of other artists.

04 April 2013
Great work finishing everyone.

BEST MODEL: Kanga
BEST WIP: Airflow
BEST DIORAMA: Artistoc
BEST MODEL COLLECTION: Antonioperes

Very fun doing this challenge, good luck everyone.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

04 April 2013
Best Model: Kanga
Collection: Antonioperes
Diorama: Airflow
WIP: WyattHarris

04 April 2013
Best Model: Kanga
Collection: Antonioperes
Diorama: Airflow
WIP: Airflow

04 April 2013
BEST WIP: Airflow

04 April 2013
BEST MODEL: WyattHarris

04 April 2013
Great entries

lets see who makes it to the top

Last edited by AbsorbentGhost : 04 April 2013 at 09:22 AM.

04 April 2013
BEST MODEL: ARTISTOC
BEST WIP: WyattHarris
BEST DIORAMA: Airflow

Great work everyone!

04 April 2013
BEST MODEL COLLECTION: Seravi

04 April 2013

pretty good model, looks clean with a comic book feel to it, i like it, i just wished you had put a bit more effort on sculpting the braid.

great likeness, not the typical cliche femme fatale and that's a really good thing concept wise. good job on the hair too, the only thing i see it the back of the scull is a bit too low on the high res, but it's just to nitpicky thing at this point, overall the most professional job around here.

and a couple of feedback for the ones who seems to have your attention but didn't made it to my top

antonioperes: it's a modeling challenge and i can barely see a modeling job here, most of the work is done by slapping a photo on a simple mesh with no anatomy detail or just correct shape, the face seems to use a completly different color palette than the body as well
the most interesting job is done with the fur on the tiger.

airflow: i don't really see hepburn here, you should focus more on the low res of the mesh to get the shape right and a solid sculpt and then move on, same for the body looks like you worked on doing a basic anatomy job on a tpose put your details all over it and then move to get it in position, by doing that, you just moved a non precise anatomy job into a position even less precise cause you didn't fixed what's been moved to match the new pose.
render wise you could have use a stronger light in order to get nice shadows to make the forms pop a bit more

that may seems a bit harsh but i just wanted to give honest feedback, as we need those to move forward in what we do.

04 April 2013
Hello

Hello
was not sure participants wld have been allowed to vote, so I'm doin it right now.

- Best Wip Thread: Kanga

If the hair wld have been done I would have put u in best model instead...But for now it looks like a wip to me though. It's a very great work and I like it very much compare to all what I've seen here. Well done, and very interesting thread and great armour design!

04 April 2013
Best model - Kanga
Best Diorama - Seravi
Honorable mentions Wyatt Tomberry and AJ1 and especially NSB..

Gotta run these things during holidays, give us slowpokes a chance.

MY HMC

04 April 2013

04 April 2013
Best WIP thread: Chris Bees
Best Model Collection: Antonio Peres
Best Diorama: Airflow

and the big one of course:

Best Model : Chris Kautz