HMC MINI#37:Femme Fatale! - Xena & Gabrielle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Based on the time left I would say focus on Xena. Good start though.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #17
That's what it is, thanks. The distance between the breast and the armpit is longer than in the refs and I was having difficulty, but yeah the arms are just pulled back a bit too much.

I'm gonna have to touch up the joints once I get this posed so I might leave it as is for a while, but I'll keep my eye on it.

Old 03 March 2013   #18
The lips look a little unnatural because there appears to be pinching/harshness at the edges maybe you could soften those.
For Xena i think that the lips are too wide, unless she is smiling.
The chin appears to just flatten out.
The eyes too wide or maybe they have a strange shape to them?
Jaw too squarish?

I think these are some areas to just double check.

Old 03 March 2013   #19
I think it is a good decision to focus on xena!

she was the other character i considered to do first.

In my opinion the face of xena is fine! because all in all you made it to give it a slightly stylized look that i really like. gyarados is right, it's kind of harsh at some spots but it works fine together if you ask me. the expression on her face matches her character in the TV show

and i agree with konga: just lower the shoulders a bit.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Thanks guys. I think for now I'm going to focus on getting the body done and I'll take your concerns into account during final posing Gyarados. Right now she doesn't even have a mouth bag. I'll take care of all of that in the final pose. for now it feels close enough.

Gonna spend this morning figuring out insert mesh brushes to get xena's dress built out. From not feeling well the last couple weeks this really doesn't represent much work, maybe 2 1/2 days. I'm not quite ready to ditch gabrielle, but I'm gonna focus on Xena for the next day and a half and figure out if I have time to fit the sidekick in.

It just doesn't feel like Xena without Gabrielle.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hopefully I'll have some updates by this afternoon.

Loading up Xena on Netflix and Dubstep on Spotify, ready to rock.

Old 03 March 2013   #21
I agree with the others to put your eggs in one basket and focus on either one of the two characters, particularly with just a little more than 2 weeks time left. Better to get one char finished than to have two half-cooked ones. Choose the one you feel most attached to at this point, I'd say.

Anyways, good progress on the likeness. I second the comment that there's something odd about Xena's eyes though. I think they're too stretched horizontally or the lower lid is raised too much or something like that. Also, I think lengthening her neck a tad and rounding off/squashing the head/skull a little might help the likeness some more. Looks like you have the forehead a little to tall and square.

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Was wondering if your still with us?

MY HMC

Old 04 April 2013   #23
I am still here.

but just barely.

My daughter was sick last week so I had to keep her home all week, so between that and family in town for Easter, I've barely touched this comp. I got to work pretty hard on this over the weekend and I've gotten all of the principal modeling done and the basic poly paint. Not scuffed up as I'd like.

I was planning on posing and then doing the hair and face and any final clothing touch ups. but I may be running out of time. On top of that since I'm speeding along so much I haven't optimized at any point and the model is now over 32 Million polys, and my computer is crashing whenever I try to pose her using tPose.

Any advice would be welcome, but in the end she may not get posed.

Old 04 April 2013   #24
HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale! :POST YOUR FINAL ENTRY!
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 04 April 2013   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread