HARDCORE MODELING!: Femme Fatale: Isabel(Your Highness)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
It's getting better. I would do the wrinkles last as you need to pose her first to understand where to put them..

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #17
Originally Posted by cbeese: @kanga I didn't bring down her neck yet so that is prob still an issue. She is appearing to have a bit more curves to her now that she is clothed let me know if you think I should still emphasis it more.

Yeah looking good
If it were mine I would go in with a hammer and mess with a copy. I would use transpose master and scale down the head, hands, feet and bring the neck down. You have nice details and the only thing I am missing is a sense of overlap on the costume that gives a feeling of layers. At the moment it looks a bit like you carved everything out of one piece, which is fine if you did, but it shouldn't look like that I think.

Nice stuff!

Old 03 March 2013   #18
@reedomatic Thanks for catching that I gave her a little more meat on her bones so its not as pronounced now.

@Airflow Yeah you are right, I need to pose her soon. I am going to work on her bracer, bow quiver and a few other minor things and then pose her I think. I will prob revisit her face to work on the likeness a little more yet and work a bit more on her hair first though.

@Kanga I did a bit of scaling before you made this comment but I will def look into this some more. I know I finally brought the neck down a bit. I agree on the overlap, I know some more of it will come with the pose so the wrinkles etc aren't so random and actually make sense.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here is the new WIP.

Old 03 March 2013   #19
That is coming along nicely, much better. Proportions seem good to me.
It's funny how much difference hair makes.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #20
@wyatt Thanks, yeah this has been a fun challenge and frustrating at the same time.

Here is a new WIP showing off the face, I think I am getting close. I would love any feedback.

Old 03 March 2013   #21
Really starting to look like the model in the reference!
I reckon the neck is too slender in the profile view.

Great stuff.

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Hrm, the new hair is making the likeness go away a bit. The hair looks great though. I thing it's in the details of the shape of the hairline...

dunno, not much time to dive deep. lot at the hair roots.

Old 04 April 2013   #23
@kanga I gave her a bit more of neck from the side, thanks for catching that.

@H2olt Yeah you are right about the hairline worked on it a bit.

Here is the latest wip, few more accessories and such I want to work on a bit etc then I should prob pose her sometime soon.

Old 04 April 2013   #24
Forehead needs smoothing out. Looking good sofar.

MY HMC

Old 04 April 2013   #25
@Airflow fixed that, thanks!

So I started to pose her, was fixing some things on the pose when I crashed so it is a bit rough in a few areas.

Old 04 April 2013   #26
Pose is coming along well. Adds a lot of life to the character...looing good.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 04 April 2013   #27
Yeah man nice pose!

Old 04 April 2013   #28
@Reedomatic Thanks, yeah its starting to come around.

@Kanga Thanks

Refined the pose some more to giver her better archery technique. Now it's time to make it look sexy.

Old 04 April 2013   #29
Making her feet smaller would help.

MY HMC

Old 04 April 2013   #30
@Airflow made her feet smaller that is a common mistake for me so thanks for catching it.

I am now at the point where I tend to struggle, where I feel like only 20% of my time working actually is doing anything.

Thread Closed share thread