nvelinov
portfolio
Nikolay Velinov
3d Generalist
Worldwide FX
Bulgaria

HMC #37 - Femme Fatale - Sil

Hey everyone,

This time I am participating for real. I will be gathering reference and will start concepting a piece based on the equally vile and seductive semi-human-semi-alien character from the 1995 movie "Species" - one of my favorite sci-fi flicks of all time. I am kind of envisioning it as a diorama right now. This one really holds a strange magnetism to me - they simply don't make B-movies like that anymore...

The original actor - Natasha Henstridge is also I feel the perfect model for this role (I had a crush on her when I saw the movie some time in high school), as her cold and emotionless performance sells the character perfectly, so there seems to be very little room for improvement, and I will probably stick with her. Or just in case I feel like bringing a slightly different vibe, Angie Everheart is the name that first came to my mind... I really have to try out some concepts first, to be positive about it.

So, I really hope my idea fits the assignment for this challenge, if anyone thinks that is not what femme fatale is all about, feel free to let me know. It certainly presents an opportunity for mixing anatomy and Gigeresque improvisation, as well as alien scenery.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
gyarados
Frequenter

portfolio
Mr Blobby
London, United Kingdom

Species was also my favorite scifi horror(?) flick. It actually scared the crap out of me when i was younger. I actually think she fits the theme nicely. I also remember that she was beautiful in this movie.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
h2olt
Disciple of the Gray Poly

portfolio
Holt Harper
3d Artist
Gas Powered Games
Kirkland, USA

Send a message via AIM to h2olt Send a message via Yahoo to h2olt
I haven't decided on my femme yet but i think sil totally fits. I actually just watched the movie on netflix yesterday. Get some sketches up of what you have in mind for the transition quick. a total female character or a total alien character won't work so it's going to be important to figure out those ratios. this might actually be a good bid for a multi character set. you could model the human and alien sils posed beside each other. mAybe build up a diorama that represents her looking in the mirror at her alter self.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
Dynamic choice. Looking forward to the model work!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
nvelinov
portfolio
Nikolay Velinov
3d Generalist
Worldwide FX
Bulgaria

Soon, brother...

Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread