HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale! - She from Machete

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale! - She from Machete

Hi guys

I've chosen She from the film Machete. Thought Michelle Rodriguez does the tough girl side of a femme fatale really well and her character design on this film should translate to 3d quite well.

So far I'm having some difficulty getting decent ref images, might have to load of one of her films and take screen grabs. Lots to do and the whole likeness thing has been a pain in the butt

02 February 2013
I really liked her in Machete, your mesh looks promising so far, you better make her beauti the same =)

02 February 2013
Thx herobix, hopefully I can make her into a hottie FF. I watched the movie for the first time just this weekend and well... it was pretty bad hah Lots of fan service and giggles but ah I'm glad I borrowed it and not bought. Got lots of screen grabs which was good.

Finally worked more on her this weekend armed with those screen grabs and heres an update:

Going to work on the pants and boots this evening and then I can pose, model accessories/hair and detail in until happy.

02 February 2013
Very nice. She's got a bit of a unique physique but you've captured it pretty well.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

02 February 2013
Nice work so far, I can see the resemblance.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

03 March 2013
Shapes are looking good, but the proportions seem a bit off. the torso seems a bit long (maybe the hips are a little narrow). also the crotch area seems a bit long. The center of the clavicle seems a bit too built up compared to the ref.

03 March 2013
Looks great!
I think she is tensing her abs in the ref. Maybe on the model it would look better if they were flatter, specially round the pelvis.

04 April 2013
Hi guys, long time no update I know! I was close to abandoning the model due to no time but day a 5 day easter break encouraged me to push forward.

Still quite afew things to do, tweeking overall, hair, rifle, pose and work her likeness.

@Wyatt Yeah shes quite athletic, wide shoulders, thin waist with a ripped torso.

@reedomatic thx!

@h2olt, Kanga Yep she could do with adjustments in the abs even now with the updated version, I'll probably wait until shes in pose to rework them tho. thx!

Also, sorry for the bad quality images- I dont really have the time to do renders atm, just quick print screens.

04 April 2013
She haz BULLETZ!!!
Great work man

04 April 2013
Alright nsb, I was hoping you were going to be able to finish.
That is looking great. Love the details especially the stitching. I'm hoping to have time to do the same.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

04 April 2013
Really love the stitching. My problem has been exactly the same, no time.

MY HMC

04 April 2013
Thx for the comments guys! Having a look back at the images I posted has help me see some major proportional issues and I tried to fix them this morning before work, mostly the arms, abit to the legs.. Let me know if its going in the right direction

04 April 2013
Wow! This looks absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for posting updates of your progress. I know its a tired question, and your short on time, but could you maybe provide a few details about your workflow? I can see your using Softimage, but your model is just so detailed, I cant fathom how you managed to get it to look so great in the viewport.

Thanks!
AJ

04 April 2013
please delete

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 01:06 PM.

04 April 2013
Outstanding detail work. Looking forward to watching this one. Great job!

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Thread Closed share thread