HCR Challenge#37: Femme Fatale-Morrigan(Darkstalkers)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
HCR Challenge#37: Femme Fatale-Morrigan(Darkstalkers)

This sounds like a really cool challenge and I am going to do a version of Morrigan from darkstalkers. Looking forward to the challenge.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 02 February 2013   #2
such a good choice why didnt i think of her post some updates soon.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thanks gyarados, she was one of my favorite characters from the darkstalkers game, and seemed to fit the femme fatale theme pretty well. For this update, I did a sketch where I added a bit more visual details to the character. I wanted to do some additional detailing on the corset, sleeves and boots. Also included the start to the base mesh as well.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 02 February 2013   #4
i like the laced corset and sleeves. I think that it adds quite alot to the design.
Just be careful to make sure your body has even quads.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thanks for the feedback gyarados. I'll be tweaking quads a bit more in the early stages. A little more progress on the basemesh. Added in the main volumes for the wings and blocked in hands too. Got a little sidetracked with work, but still slowly cranking away.....

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Small update on model. Tweaked some of the body. Also started to block in some of the cloths.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #7
looks like a good base mesh. Are you working inside zbrush/mudbox now?

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Wow this character brings out the 16 yo in me, in a good way The legs look a little x shaped atm. Nice start.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Thanks Kanga, I played a lot of fighting games back in the day, love the character.
Gyarados, I think I'm finished with basemesh now, just minor tweaks before zbrush
For this update, blocked in the clothing, feathers and hair. Next step is to take base mesh into zbrush and detail.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #10
I think the fingers look short. nice update though. Are the laces done using splines/nurbs?

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Thx for the comments gyarados. I'll be testing out lengthing the fingers in zbrush, and the laces are all nurbs. Still cranking away, just a little slower....

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #12
finishing up the retop of the base meshes. Basically combining the corset, boots, gloves and body into one solid mesh for easier skeletal posing. This new retop mesh is around 19K, not including hair and neclace.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #13
I've done a few detail passes in zbrush now, blocked in boots, feathers,corset, face and gloves. A few more passes and I will start the normal map capture.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Another update here. Finished up major forms detailing pass in zbrush, created normal maps for import back into maya. Created AO and cavity maps in xnormal, created the base textures in photoshop, adding texture details now...also, added a quick rig to the model in maya to start to experiment with poses.

WIPS
HCR#30 PixarMashup

Old 03 March 2013   #15
She is feeling a bit thick because of her corset. From the reference it appears to be spandex tight pretty much. This is making her look much squarer than the reference.

Thread Closed share thread