HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale!- Airflow: Catwoman/Hepburn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #61
lol... looking at this makes me not want to retopologize even more because it looks incredibly tedious, but i guess it has to be done sooner or later.

Old 03 March 2013   #62
Yeah, I kind of enjoy it tbh. Its like old school modelling where you can easily make up stuff as you go. I prefer to do a basic sculpt with sketchy details on, and then use standard modelling practices to control the topology and final details and be picked out in max and later mudbox/zbrush.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #63
this looks very good, you can it.

Old 03 March 2013   #64
Originally Posted by Airflow: I prefer to do a basic sculpt with sketchy details on, and then use standard modelling practices to control the topology and final details and be picked out in max and later mudbox/zbrush.
I always forget to plan with this in mind but I should. Great results.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #65
Yeah, I am kinda going for armor under the leather/latex.
Tomorrow the boots and gloves. Then the goggles and nitevisions.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #66
Hrm... gravity defying zippers...

If you're going for a lot of what's in the comics this is probably fine, but I'm not seeing much effect in the material from the suit being zipped so far down.

In reality the outfit would slouch a bit below the breasts, have stretch folds over the sideboob area and then pinch an wrinkle a bunch on all the area above the breasts where there's nothing holding it against the skin.

You may already be planning this for the 2nd round sculpt.

Of all the areas I think the upper area would be most important to figure out, the contrast of loose bits and tight bits it what makes an unzipped top alluring.

Old 03 March 2013   #67
I am kind of going for a cup creating the "comic effect" As if she has armor under the leather/latex suit and the skin colored knifeproof fabric under that, it just looks like she is naked. So there is the top layer then attached to that a breast cup with shielding, you can see some wrinkling under the cup. Think less comic superman and more Realworld Dark Knight. I am probably going to give her some sort of skintight under garment which could be skincolored, but it kind of has to make sense in a functional way, she would never just have semi exposed breasts if she was going to be in a gun/knife fight.

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 03 March 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #68
Here is a Turnaround.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #69
Looks great well done

Old 03 March 2013   #70
Thanks.
Update

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #71
Material choice against that background is making it impossible to judge most of the model, but the face and hands are looking great.

Back for the head appears to be missing but again, bad material for judging.

Old 03 March 2013   #72
Hope this is better.

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 03 March 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #73
Should gloves be flared or tight?

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #74
Flared like you have them in the last image

Old 03 March 2013   #75
Thanks. I wanted to run some cables up her arms and do the Claws like some Climbing apparatus that fold back from the tips of the fingers and flips upsidedown to sit on the back of the hand. She also would use these as weapons. Don't think I have the time.

MY HMC

Thread Closed share thread