HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale!- Airflow: Catwoman/Hepburn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #31
I understand the idea of using audrey as a whole. But as this is a mashup, I wanted to realise Adam Hughes' vision of the character, and that is a well endowed physically capable woman who is very acrobatic.

I hope to be able to update today.
Lighter render.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #32
Originally Posted by Airflow: I understand the idea of using audrey as a whole. But as this is a mashup, I wanted to realise Adam Hughes' vision of the character, and that is a well endowed physically capable woman who is very acrobatic.

I hope to be able to update today.
Lighter render.

I agree. Out of curiosity what rendering engine are you using?

Also a off-topic thing. Did anyone see that galaxy chocolate advert with Audrey. Does anyone know the name of the song?

Old 03 March 2013   #33
Moon River by Henry Mancini.

Check her jawline, looks a bit to wide or hard. Not sure.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #34
Looks that way in alot of ref.
Will post my moodboard with the next update.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #35
Update

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #36
Ah okay, you've got it. Must've been the angle in the previous one.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #37
Those references are great. I wish every actress would allow profile pictures. I think a lot of them feel self Concious about their noses it's difficult to find d them for so many stars I may have to steal those refs and make a quick hepburn bust just for practice.

The model is looking solid but the jawline is looking pretty sharp. Yours almost looks concave in the middle and while hers is really straight, it does maintain a steady curve. Though I don't think it's necessary (maybe it more Hughes than hepburn) I do think the likeness is still a bit off. It just doesn't look like her till you're looking at the references.

You've got some details modeled in that I just don't see in any of the pictures. The eyebrows are different and the muscles around the mouth seem too prominent. The divot between the nostril and the tip of the nose seem too prominent too.

Looking good, hope this helps

Old 03 March 2013   #38
I think it must be the shadows, there is a concave bit in her jaw but its underneath, not on the edge. The muscles round the mouth is where I have not gone in and smoothed (upper lip).
The eyebrows thing, if you look at the bottom center image you see she used to do this flick, I may have over cooked it but in the last image from AH he replicates it, and in other Catwoman images he has done. I will shorten it and fix the other issues. I think having real eyes in there will also help, right now the ones I have are stand ins.
Thanks for the crits though, makes me find other issues that are overlooked. I think I will try to setup a max file now with lights to recreate the lighting in the ref to get even better matches. I wish there was a Photoshop app that could work out the camera lens info from a still image.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #39
Update...

Hope to get the head into 3dsmax to do a hair test.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #40
Originally Posted by gyarados: I agree. Out of curiosity what rendering engine are you using?

Also a off-topic thing. Did anyone see that galaxy chocolate advert with Audrey. Does anyone know the name of the song?

Sorry, missed this, straight renders from mudbox.

After looking at model, it needs more refining, nose is too sharp and cheeks could be thinner.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #41
Update.

Always seem to get closer and further away with the head sculpting every time at the same time.

Was wondering if the neck is too long?

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #42
Holy Moley! Adam Hughes Cleavage Indeed!

The neck does look a bit long, but it could just be the lack of hair. But with a skinny neck like that and those big breasts she's definitely gonna have back problems.

I think the break between the head and body might be causing some of the problems. If you can afford the resolution you might want to combine the whole thing at least until you get the proportions sorted out. Even then I'd be tempted to break the head and bust out as their own piece, then model the catsuit over it. It'll probably help in the end anyway with any gaps you might want between the suit and recessed areas like above and below the clavicle and below the breasts.

Old 03 March 2013   #43
The plan was to get the body sculpted and the head done and bridge them at retopo stage. I think the neck is too long, and I am dropping her a cup size.
Thanks for the help.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #44
I'm not sure which ref your going off of but looks to me when she has it zipped up it goes right up to the base of her neck so I'd try pulling the head all the way into her collar first and see how that looks.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #45
Woo hoo nice one. Yeah the lighting was a bit dim and still might be a little low. You should do a rotation of views so we can see more angles.

Well done.

Thread Closed share thread