HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale!- Airflow: Catwoman/Hepburn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
HCR MINI-Challenge #37: Femme Fatale!- Airflow: Catwoman/Hepburn

O'k, against better judgment I decided to enter. I will be doing a Catwoman ala Audrey Hepburn mash-up. I will post the basemesh later.
Not sure if I will do a new image or one based on artwork from Adam Hughes.

Reference.

Artwork

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 02 February 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Ah you'll find the time. Aught to be fun with such a cool subject.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2013   #3
interesting image to make, have fun.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
interesting...

renz.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thanks guys. I decided to block out all of the images, but will start with three images in 3dsmax.
These three.

Will post Blocks shortly.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Blok 01

Gotta do some light tweaks and a few fixes on the arms, then onto the next one.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #7
nice choice, you got some good reference images. Are you gonna move onto zbrush/mudbox after you finishing blocking out or are you modeling it all in the 3dsmax?

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Will model base meshes in 3dsmax and possibly rig and do cloth dyn there. Then sculpt in zbrush, and back into 3dsmax.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #9
The blocking out will not be the base meshes. It just to get a feel for the piece. More like a lighting exercise, with stand in objects. I will be modelling up a t-pose (basemesh) character to animate into position, then doing cloth simulation to try to get wrinkles where I need them when she moves.
Finally I will do a sculpt pass to add small details and control wrinkles and what not, which will go into a displacement map. Last I will add snow and enviroment effects.

Found a Catwoman statue which may end up as a middle ground for all the images. I could have her scaling a slate rooftop with the bat signal behind her, with snow falling.Combining all the images together. Would be a nice mashup. If I have time I may do a Batman Sillouette object like in the image with the ruby.

Any thoughts on what you would like to see?

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 02 February 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #10
Small update. Will try to do the others tomorrow, and get the mashup image out tomorrow too. Then a head and neck sculpt of Audrey. Hope to start that tomorrow night.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #11
Latest update, very rushed due to impatient gf who takes up all the spare time my job does not. Loved but frustrating.
I would say 10 percent done.
Anyway, will try to have more to show tomorrow.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #12
Had a bit more time to get it looking better proportioned.
Once I am back from france - (gf's romantic weekend), I will finalise the head and
get started on the body.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #13
Originally Posted by Airflow: Had a bit more time to get it looking better proportioned.
Once I am back from france - (gf's romantic weekend), I will finalise the head and
get started on the body.
Don't rub it in too much.

Her cheeks look too wide and her nose should be a bit narrower (I think). A little tough to see from this angle.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2013   #14
Thanks. Will tweak those points you mentioned thanks.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2013   #15
Just got back from France . Was good, walked up the Eiffel Tower , and visited nearly every building in Paris . V tired. Hopefully there will be updates on Monday night. Cheers guys.

MY HMC

Thread Closed share thread