THe next challenge will be...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
I was thinking of making Amanda Seyfried or Rachel Nichols as Jessica Rabbit

01 January 2013
Whats Femme Fatales? Like a pinup girl?

01 January 2013
Femme Fatale: Woman who use her charms and her sexuality to corrupt to mind of the main character.

Jessica Rabbit is a really good example.

All other succubus can to

Sharon Stone (“Basic Instinct,” 1992)

Last edited by Scote : 01 January 2013 at 09:13 AM.

01 January 2013
I'd think like idea to Salma Hayeks with snake dance from dusk till dawn.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Scote: Femme Fatale: Woman who use her charms and her sexuality to corrupt to mind who the main character.

Jessica Rabbit is a really good example.

All other succubus can to

Sharon Stone (“Basic Instinct,” 1992)
  • Some examples:
    Lauren Bacall in the Maltese Falcon
  • Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman"
  • Angelina Jolie, in ANYTHING.
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

01 January 2013
lol, Angelina Jolie in her life

01 January 2013
Ok so she has to be very seductive with a strong character(usually hidden) and not just a good looking tough girl like ripley or sucker punch girls?

Heh, it does seem Jolie would be the easiest choice.

01 January 2013
I would think the main girl in sucker punch would be perfect

01 January 2013
Yeah I guess so, it can be fairly broad(ha-ha) I'll think of it as a lady that uses sex appeal to overcome her opponent..

01 January 2013
My shortlist is.
Helena Bonham Carter Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange.
Adam Hughes- The Barroness or Catwoman.
Black widow.
Lady Deathstrike.
Ripley Alien4
Will post images in a bit.

Choices Choices!!

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 01 January 2013 at 11:51 AM.

01 January 2013
Sounds like a really fun challenge. Hope I will have time to join

01 January 2013
In no particular order... MY top six list of alluring movie women who lead men into compromising or dangerous situations.

Leeloo - The Fifth Element
Leads Bruce Willis into adventure & danger

Charly Baltimore - The Long Kiss Goodnight
Mysterious amnesiac assassin who is sidekicked by the perpetually in danger Samuel L Jackson

Lisa - Weird Science
Constantly puts Wyatt & Gary into compromising and dangerous situations.

Cherry Darling - Planet Terror
Stripper turned human weapon leads ex boyfriend into peril

Dylan Sanders - Charlie's Angels
Every guy she falls for ends up in danger and then dead

Cameron - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Girls power and a literal man killer.

Last edited by cookepuss : 01 January 2013 at 04:00 PM.

01 January 2013
I think its up for discussion whether Femme Fatale means a bad character or morally ambiguous one. For me it means there is as much darkness and evil at the heart of the character, even if she changes sides at the end. On a scale, I would put Catwoman as the lightest and most of the females in Kill Bill 1&2 at the dark end.
I think this goes beyond, "cute and tough" and delves into the darkside. If it were males we are talking about, it would be clear cut and most of the people chosen would be totally evil.
The characters I chose we limited to two "Good" characters, and even then their past or present actions would make them perceived as either "was bad" or "apathetic" to others misfortunes. At its most simple, if you character has killed, your in the ballpark, if she has killed an innocent, she is a Femme Fatale.
It would be nice to see only bad girls in this challenge. Would be hotter too.

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 01 January 2013 at 12:51 PM.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Random House Dictionary: femme fatale: an irresistibly attractive woman, especially one who leads men into difficult, dangerous, or disastrous situations; siren.
Origin:
< French: literally, fatal woman

Originally Posted by Wiki: A femme fatale is a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations.

"Femme fatale" is a little broader in its execution than its definition. Classic literary ones tend to rely more on seduction and mystery more than anything else. Those are the ones like the Homeric Sirens, Delilah, or noire "dames". Jessica Rabbit follows that model. Sexy and dangerous to the men in her life, but not an "ass kicker" as such.

As we move into more modern territory, especially post women's liberation movement, the femme fatale seems to switch focus from seduction to "girl power". They can still be sexy, but the emphasis seems to be more on the literal definition of femme fatale (ie. fatal woman).

Wiki lists tons of characters who wouldn't fit the classic seductress definition of "femme fatale", including: Lara Croft, Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill), Nikita, Bayonetta, Cameron (Terminator TSCC), and so on. For the modern femme, it's an empowerment issue, typically with these women as protagonists. Hot, but still dangerous - even physically so.

01 January 2013
A beautiful, seductive, and usually evil female character in drama and literature. She is usually shown as a cruel, man-eating seductress. (Straight) men fall victim to her beauty and are eventually brought to ruin by her. The femme fatale is often a secret agent and/or a spy.

Or

Use the noun femme fatale to describe the character in your mystery novel who uses her mysterious beauty to seduce the detective hero into nearly making a terrible mistake. It's a term that has been used in English since the 1880s, and it comes from the French femme, "woman," and the Latin fatale, literally "decreed by fate," but in this case meaning something closer to "disastrous." Famous literary femmes fatales include Medea and Catwoman.

Or even...
A femme fatale (pron.: /ˌfɛm fəˈtæl/ or /ˌfɛm fəˈtɑːl/; French: [fam fatal]) is a mysterious and seductive woman[1] whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art. Her ability to entrance and hypnotise her victim with a spell was in the earliest stories seen as being literally supernatural; however, the femme fatale today is still often described as having a power akin to an enchantress, seductress, vampire, witch, or demon, having some power over men.
The phrase is French for "deadly woman". A femme fatale tries to achieve her hidden purpose by using feminine wiles such as beauty, charm, and sexual allure. In some situations, she uses lying or coercion rather than charm. She may also make use of some subduing weapon such as sleeping gas, a modern analog of magical powers in older tales. She may also be (or imply that she is) a victim, caught in a situation from which she cannot escape; The Lady from Shanghai (a 1947 film noir) is one such example. A younger version of a femme fatale would be called a fille fatale, or "deadly girl."
Although typically villainous, if not morally ambiguous, and always associated with a sense of mystification and unease,[2] femmes fatales have also appeared as antiheroines in some stories, and some even repent and become true heroines by the end of the tale. Some stories even feature benevolent and heroic femmes fatales who use their wiles to snare the villain for the greater good. In social life, a more malevolent femme fatale tends to torture her lover in an asymmetrical relationship, denying confirmation of her affection. She usually drives him to the point of obsession and exhaustion, so that he is incapable of making rational decisions.

There is more here
Femme Fatale

This covers both arguments but the ultimate issue here is that a female hero can be said to put males in compromising positions, or put them at risk. This is not classicaly what a femme fatale is.
Its all semantics, but I doubt that a character like Elisabeth Swan from POTC could be called a Femme Fatale, her motivation is for good where a classic FF has motivation only for her own gain.

MY HMC

Thread Closed share thread