HARDCORE MODELING!: Hollywood Dream Machines: <<The Wraith (1986)>> Dodge M4S Turbo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
autosave is very usefull but it sometimes makes me crazy, if working with very large files that take about 2 minutes to save and your programme (Max in my case) freezes every 20 minutes while the deadline is closing makes you Mad(Max)

About the car, I don't know the film, but it looks cool!

12 December 2012
If I recall, last i tried auto save which was like more than a year ago, it doesn't create a new version each time- just overwrites the current one which in my case wouldn't have helped considering the current file became corrupted upon crash- unless each save gets a place in Windows Previous Versions list because mine was more than a few days old but then that group was several close together- may be a setting to tweak.

Think I may have bad RAM- had a few BSOD memory Dump crashes since I reverted from WIN 8 preview back to 7- or my 7 install is corrupt. Ran Memory test and HDD test and they passed

12 December 2012
Reverted? That doesn't sound so good. Yeah, I'd try a repair install on Win7 just to get it refreshed.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by CKPinson: If I recall, last i tried auto save which was like more than a year ago, it doesn't create a new version each time- just overwrites the current one which in my case wouldn't have helped considering the current file became corrupted upon crash- unless each save gets a place in Windows Previous Versions list because mine was more than a few days old but then that group was several close together- may be a setting to tweak.
The project folders that Maya sets up include an autosave folder and it does save out a new version each time.

12 December 2012
OK- good to know- Tonight my time will be wasted reinstalling Windows 7 once more. Hopefully I'll be back on track by the weekend.

I'll take a look in that project folder- didn't think about it so THANKS!

12 December 2012
First I'd like to thank you guys for the assistance with the save issues and what not- got a much better system in place now.
And now for a little update- keep in mind that I was set back beyond the previous.

12 December 2012
Small update- roughing out the wheel

12 December 2012
Latest work:
Wheel Work- also working an a Vector displacement for tire tread

Car Render:

12 December 2012
Some more updates that I have uploaded- actually got even more done- most exterior is complete minus a few tweaks- working on interior- attempting to use the Viper interior since non exist for the M4S Turbo.

Crits always welcome and looking forward to completing this project. Not sure I'll have time for detailed texturing but will try. Half is UV'd

12 December 2012
Can you provide some wireframes for the critics.

12 December 2012
Here ya go:
Few minor spots not finished, i.e. the glass and lower rear- undercarriage.

12 December 2012
Well, found another pic of the front- so hard to telll what is completely going on so I made an adjustment. Also need to lower it some more.

12 December 2012
lowered- adjusted the ground effects to what I could gather was going on in the pics.

Before I lowered but fixed the front ground fx

Lowered front

lowered sides

Fixed the wheel well groundfx

12 December 2012
the area of the roof and his connection with the doors is weird. Look like to use many separate pieces.. many not working here.

12 December 2012
It's only one piece up there- the doors do a bit of a wrap-But I do agree that it needs some adjustments. funny how different reference pics give such a different look of the parts. this one has the door frame and glass blended. Since the frame is underlying I def need to rework that.

Last edited by CKPinson : 12 December 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Closed share thread