HMC #36 - Hollywood Dream Machines: The last of the V8 interceptors

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
HMC #36 - Hollywood Dream Machines: The last of the V8 interceptors

Altough it is not Hollywood, I think it's one of the greatest film-star-cars, the Mad Max V8 interceptor! I hope I have enough free time around christmas to actually finish it (and a little scene) but I think we can't have this contest without this car.

for those of you who do not know it: mad max fan page

Old 11 November 2012   #2
great choice I was hoping somebody get that car

Last edited by Scote : 11 November 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Hi all!

Update on the V8 Interceptor:

I finally found the time to start it, it's not flawless but at least I have most of the body done. It's deceptivly rounded, you would think it's a square car but it isn't (I know it's not half as difficult as the DB5 ) And of course my computer crashed (for the first time in 2 years or so ) so I lost about half an hour of work, thank god for autosave....

as I come across a lot of people that don't know the mad max films I add a few shots from the films:

the scene I will make (from a different camerapoint, oh and can I add some more stuff in the scene or does it have to be a 1-on-1 copy from the film?):

Last edited by Bjiz : 11 November 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Glad to see you got started on the car. Keep it coming and good luck with your progress!

Old 12 December 2012   #5
Time for a little update, progress is slow cuz I can only work on it in the weekends.

got the mesh of the body better now, detached the doors, did the wheel arches and spoilers and started on the rear. The car will be in the state as it is in the beginning sequence of Mad Max 2. In Mad Max 1 it has a front air-dam and it was removed because Mad Max2 was much more offroad so it would get damaged. Also the bootlid was removed and there were two huge fueltanks installed. Therefore I didn't finish the beam between the boot and the rearwindow, it is cut through for the fueltanks.

any tips and feedback are more than welcome!

Old 12 December 2012   #6
another update:

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Wow those are some huge fuel tanks! Wouldn't want to drive in an action movie with that much explosives in the back

Nice looking lines!

Old 12 December 2012   #8
haha, yeah, they are huge

Mad max lives in a post apocalyptic world, in part 1 things are starting to go wrong. Max Rockatansky is a cop and tries to keep a motorgang under control but in the end they kill his wife and child so he becomes Mad Max, killing them all and becomes an outlaw himself.

In part 2 the world is completely gone, there are no laws and the Australian outback is ruled by gangs. Because of this there are no ordinary fuel stations (or supermarkets or anything) and petrol is the one thing everyone is looking for, therefore he has these huge fueltanks so he can keep on going for a long time. Mind you, he has a 600bhp 5.8 litre supercharged V8 so I'm guessing he could cover something like a 100 miles with these tanks before running out of fuel....

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Awesome- I LOVE LOVE LOVED MADMAX! Mainly for the vehicles.

Old 12 December 2012   #10
Update, tires:

treads are geometry, letters on the sidewalls are bumpmaps, I couldn't find if it's forbidden to use maps or not but if it is, please let me know...(Hardcore Moddeling sounds a bit like maps aren't allowed)

Old 12 December 2012   #11
Bump, displacement and normal maps are allowed.

Texture maps can be used but shouldn't be considered in the final judging.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 12 December 2012   #12
thanx for the reply Wyatt, I can't find it in the sticky's, is there a "general rules of HMC" somewhere?

I will be using some maps in the end because I wouldn't know how to finish the scene but I will make a texture-less version as well...

Old 12 December 2012   #13
progress...ever so slow..:

2do:
remodel windscreen
seats
dash+steeringwheel
wheelnuts
windscreen wipers
fuelcap
mirrors
suspension and stuff underneath the car you can actually see (i'm not going to make it in time to make all the detail Mlager build)
BLOWER (but that will be the last thing)

and then a little scene....I don't think I will make the deadline but I will have a finished car then

Old 12 December 2012   #14
Looking aggressive Bjiz! You still have a few days good luck!

Old 01 January 2013   #15
done for today, just need to add the coolest part: the blower

some without materials:

Thread Closed share thread