New Total Recall Police car: Hardcore Modeling Challenge #36: Hollywood Dreammachine

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Hardcore Modeling Challenge #36: Hollywood Dreammachine: Total Recall Police car

Total Recall: Police car

I love car modeling. And I was planning to model a futuristic car someday, here's the time I think

If Blade runner car is allow, I choose to reproduce the Police Car in the new Total Recall movie.

Love the curves and the general design

It will be more challenging do to the interior.. No reference or just one I found on the net. So if someone find something, I'll be glad to grab anything useful

Last edited by Scote : 11 November 2012 at 04:18 PM.

11 November 2012
Good luck with the challenge Scote! Are you planning to model the interior if the time permits?

11 November 2012
Oh of course. car modeling can be fast because it's symmetrical. And I don't do wheels so

unfortunate there's not a lot of interior detail I can find. But I review the movie again and screenshot some shots I think I can use.

So I will start soon: Need to do the blueprints first

Thanks for the blessing man

11 November 2012
Well I start. Maybe it's a computer mouse after all

11 November 2012
Today, I decide to redo my modeling. Didn't like to flow and It's better to restart at this stage instead of patching

so here's the second WIP. I block the car this time and I screenshots the movie to get the right references. Thansk to the movie for the car crash. It's flip from side view to top and under view

11 November 2012
uh really? the police car from total recall? i personally really didnīt like the design of those :(
but wish you good luck to finish it
and can we see a wire of what you have so far?

11 November 2012
Despite looking at the shots of these cars over and over for almost a year, the design of them never particularly bothered me, I've certainly seen much worse in recent years.
Should be a good modelling challenge anyway, look forward to seeing the reaults of your efforts!

Nick Marshall
Head of Environments / Generalists
Double Negative :: Vancouver
www.dneg.com

11 November 2012
Well I love sphere car with big curves.. and i'm in my scifi mood so didn't like the old blade runner police car. Good for the time, but no thanks to me.

I could reproduce the audi concept in I robot, but I prefer that one. Every personal preferences are in the nature so

11 November 2012
I actually like the design although there are a few bits that are kind of arbitrary (as happens with a lot of the sci-fi vehicles). It was probably the best part of the movie I think

11 November 2012
Ya not a great movie. Cool to watch but It won't become a classic like the original I think.

I prefer the flying car in Back to the future instead of Fifth element. Moebius take his twist but to cartoony for me.

11 November 2012
As request, I give me wireframe so far:

11 November 2012
Take time today on the front. Not totally final in highres, but I want to end everything in midres first: rear part, the interior.

11 November 2012
Splendid work Scote! The wireframe is very clean as well. Keep it up

11 November 2012
Thanks man, really appreciate

11 November 2012
I start to wonder my proportions. I start the rear parts and I find my front parts are too small versus the rear. so... I go to you. What do you think?

Thread Closed share thread