HARDCORE MODELING!: SPORTS IN MOTION: Statue in PARALYMPIC GAMES

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Wink HARDCORE MODELING!: SPORTS IN MOTION: Statue in PARALYMPIC GAMES

This is a project for "Classic Sculpture Tribute" category; as the subject "a Greek statue in Paralympic Archery".

Since most of the ancient statues have been without legs, arms, nose..etc, i have designed a composition by considering that those kind of statues are handicapped sportsmen indeed, so that one of them is in Paralympic Games as a result of his handicap!

For this reason i have searched the game categories in Paralympics and i have found "archery" as a good one to use in my composition with my "not broken, but handicapped" sculpture.

One ancient statue posture in my search is good to use as a reference, however, the bust whether will be Alexander the Great(for my favor) or the Greek God HERMES who created SPORTS in Greek mythology! After my decision between two bust alternatives, the Archer Sculpture will get his name(Alexander III or Hermes).

[IMG]greek statues[/IMG]

[IMG]archery [/IMG]

The reference body that i have found has no arms, but i consider him as a man with one arm to be able to hold the bow while the broken arm has nothing to do with. For this reason, he uses his mouth(as archers handicapped in arm do so) to pull the arrow back. Also, the broken leg of the statue is seen his another handicap, too. His posture and impress on his mouth when he just 'lets the arrow go' is the motion in the sport.

[IMG]handicapped statue[/IMG]

Let's hope to see a good example in Classical Sculpture Tribute adapted to Olympics
Good luck to all!

nur

Old 09 September 2012   #2
HARDCORE MODELING!: SPORTS IN MOTION: Statue in PARALYMPIC GAMES

This is the wrong post of me, the right thread is seen in the forum as "Archery in Paralympics" ..

Thanks.

nur

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Heads up!
HMC #35: SPORTS IN MOTION!: One week to go!
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread