HCM: Masters Of Anime Masamune Shirow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
HCM: Masters Of Anime Masamune Shirow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O'k calling on fate again, just finished some paid work and should have 2 weeks free.
So I am entering.
I can't decide what to do though.

Here are my choices.

Or even

I will probably end up doing the Puma sisters cameo, but am interested in what you guys think.

MY HMC

Last edited by Airflow : 02 February 2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: UPDATE

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by Airflow:

I will probably end up doing the Puma sisters cameo, but am interested in what you guys think.

Y'know, I've forgotten the names but I've always liked these 2.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

01 January 2012
Like the chick in the exosuit

01 January 2012
i always liked the look of briareos and the mechs from applesed. maybe if i enter i might try to do this model

01 January 2012
Sweet choices! I find myself in the same dilemma and haven't been able to decide yet. lol
I was thinking either Deunan (Appleseed. I felt she was pretty badly mauled in both CG movies) or maybe even Nausicaš or Kiki (both Miyazaki) or .....
Anyways, looking forward to see you final choice.

Cheers!

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 01 January 2012 at 10:13 AM.

01 January 2012
I think the first image was always my fave Appleseed poster, and I would love to do a take on the full green eyes of Deunan in this image, but I also would like to do the hetrochromic Puma twins, mainly because The Razors Edge whetted my appetite a long time ago with his versions but also because of the Seburo weaponry.
I will start the basemesh in Sculptris tonight for the Ani/Uni.

MY HMC

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by Airflow: .... but I also would like to do the hetrochromic Puma twins, mainly because The Razors Edge whetted my appetite a long time ago with his versions .....

Believe it or not, I am still working on those 2 now and then. Too bad I cant just continue on in this challenge. lol
Can't wait to see your take on them.

Cheers!

01 January 2012
I don't believe you :P . your gonna have to post some images.

MY HMC

01 January 2012
I said I am still working on it, what I didn't say is that I have anything new really worth showing.
I am still playing with multiple options for the crazy hair, for example and aiming towards a short animation clip, which further complicates the matter. Not sure when, but its gonna get done. It's in the pipe and I am committed to it, that's all I can say. It's too much of a great project to just drop it. And unless its a challenge such as this one, maintaining a wip thread here is not really worth the effort any more these days, well in my opinion.

In the meantime, we'll be able to enjoy your take on the two!

Cheers!

01 January 2012
Ok, fair enough . I decided to move the gun so you can see more of the other Puma sister. Never got round to sculpting last night, but should update with a blockout.

MY HMC

01 January 2012
Really rough base mesh in 3dsmax.

Start of the retopomesh..

MY HMC

01 January 2012
Last post for tonight.

MY HMC

01 January 2012
Well that's coming along nicely.
Is that Sculptris? I never really used it enough to recognize it.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

01 January 2012
Yeah, its Sculptris. i prefer suclpting out base meshes and retopo meshes in this first, then do details in either zbrush or mudbox.

MY HMC

01 January 2012
|Update|

MY HMC

Thread Closed share thread