HMC #14 - Robocop 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
You better hurry, Trex... I have aaaaalready finished mine...

04 April 2008
Thanks a lot all I'll try and post frequent updates. And i got to see the movie again last night. Thats research I can appreciate =)

Last edited by Trenox : 04 April 2008 at 12:10 PM.

04 April 2008
definitly my favorite of the serie, very good so far...

04 April 2008
Great progress so far! I'm really digging this. I was highly considering doing this one, but I just don't have enough reference for it. If only I had the movie...

04 April 2008
Great job so far, definately one of the cooler movie robots around!

05 May 2008
thx guys =)

update on the leg:

Still some parts arent subdivided and proportions needs to be checked. Foot still needs some details also.
I use linked dummies whenever i need to rotate something in an arbitratry angle so I always have reliable pivots.
Its important to rotate the parts to more or less fit my reference so I can easier make out the proportions.

edit: 14 hours are spent on modelling in totalt at the moment.

Last edited by Trenox : 05 May 2008 at 12:12 PM.

05 May 2008
holy crap! you´re freaking me out man!
great stuff, clean modelling and again very very impressive pace.

Cheers
HMC #14: ED-209 from Robocop

05 May 2008
Very nice! This is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

05 May 2008
It's looking very good! You have an interesting style of modeling in that you seem to like to model in detail first and going for proportions later. I tend to try to nail the proportions first to make it easier for me later down the road. Great job nonetheless!

05 May 2008
Wow man great detailing, looks like youre going to put it into motion, cant wait to see that.

05 May 2008
thx all!

jedi-juice: Yeah normally i would also go for proportions first but in this case I am not going for blocking out the whole thing first since i really need to see some actual progress. Also this particular model sort of allows this approach since its a compound of several parts rather than a coherent mesh. Its quite painless to rescale and adjust.

So yeah your right that its maybe not the best way to go in general but for this model it just felt like the right approach

I hope to finish the legs this weekend and then im going to finalize the body/head.

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by Trenox: thx all!

jedi-juice: Yeah normally i would also go for proportions first but in this case I am not going for blocking out the whole thing first since i really need to see some actual progress. Also this particular model sort of allows this approach since its a compound of several parts rather than a coherent mesh. Its quite painless to rescale and adjust.

So yeah your right that its maybe not the best way to go in general but for this model it just felt like the right approach

I hope to finish the legs this weekend and then im going to finalize the body/head.

Don't get me wrong, whatever works for you is the best approach. From the looks of it, it is working damn well. Looking forward to the next update.

05 May 2008
Holy magoli, I didn't realize you had made this much progress. I was wondering how you were going to handle all the complex parts but I see that is not a problem.

Good job so far.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

05 May 2008
OMG the most kickass robot in movie history. Keep going as this is a kickass effort!

Currently working on...HCR #42

05 May 2008
Thx for all the encouragement =)

So far the legs are done, but i might tweak them slightly later on. Theres still some fine detail in there i cant make out on my references. I might have to check up on the movie again at some poiint

For now its time to move on to finalize the body.

Thread Closed share thread