HARDCORE MODELING!: 80's Cartoon: Kaneda's Bike

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
HARDCORE MODELING!: 80's Cartoon: Kaneda's Bike

Always wanted to do Kaneda, I did his bike about 5 years ago for a asset in mmo called THERE. It came in great and everyone loved it, but you couldnot ride it. This time, If Im fast enough, I can make the bike and Kaneda, I wanna recreate this.

Im building the bike off some crap bluprints that dont even line up, so if anyone has got anything bigger let me know. Thanks.
First render.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Jasus Rob, this is a bit last minute, didn't realise you were going for another 80's challenge! Good luck with this one...

Website
Life in Black and White

04 April 2009
Aye, quite ambitious you are

TheJAWSEffect
Collaborative Team Project

04 April 2009
That's right, Akira was in the 80s. Good choice but you crazy. Good luck Air.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

04 April 2009
Thanks guys.
Im slowly learning there is a thousand variations of this bike.
Its taking longer to get refernace than to build it

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Updates.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
More updates, nearly finished it, but thes aint been posted yet, so here they are.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Ok bike was done last night, managed a road this morn. Currently doing the sticker and logo work in pshop, then onto Kaneda. Dont think ill have time to make the lazergun by tonight tho.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Well, Mr A is a demon when it comes to modelling and true professional.

He will come up with the goods.

04 April 2009
Bike complete.
I cant finish Kaneda by the original deadline. but Im gonna document it so theres lots of images, mini tut if you will.

Anyway, the finished bike, reserch time nearly a full day for finding schematics and defining what the bike looked like and finding the logos. A day and a half for modelling the bike. And half a day for the road, lighting.
Cheers.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Thumbs up

you are a mad man, two model for one project! the bike is looking bad ass. u got till Friday to make Akira...

04 April 2009
He will be finished by tomorrow morning. Im looking for the schematics of the Laser Rifle.

Lots of images here in this update, kinda a steb by step thing.

Ok, I started by making the bone system Im gonna use to rig the mesh, I put it on its own layer.

Then I copy the bones and paste them onto the character layer, then delete the left leg and arm.

I then convert the bones to polys.

And start attatching the bits together, arm, leg and body stay seperate.

Once attached, I select the little verts on the ends and remove them. Then I bridge the arm chunks together. Same with the leg.

The 3 parts bridged.

Then I insert loops along the front ad side of the arm, and delet the center faces of the body, Im gonna symmetry or live mirror.

I start tweaking the verts, pushing them inwards to get rid of boxyness.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
I continue smoothing out the mesh round the shoulders.

Then I bring my referance in, got these screengrabs of the dvd I own.

I start refining the head

and the body alternatly using the referance planes moved behibd and infront of the mesh.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
I keep going like this till I get the hair line lined up on the head and start cutting in detail for the ear.

Then do the same for the front

Ill update in a couple of hours with just images as it to about an hour to put this tut together.

Cheers.

MY HMC

04 April 2009
Remember Mr A - "Winners don't take drugs!"

LOL, if it ain't drugs you're taking then it must be raw talent.

Thread Closed share thread