Voxelized / Pixelated look

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #16
Originally Posted by JohnnyRandom: Hey Cool! and mapping stuff too! Lego Bunny just in time for Easter The Shell+Grow is awesome, I wouldn't have thought to use the Selection channel + Value*CurrentTime to select and delete, that has to be faster than a volume select.

Not necessarily faster, but more precise, since you can get every single particle in the XY plane revealed (remove the 100* part and extend your sequence to 10000 frames and you will get ONE LEGO block per frame). With a Vol.Select, you can do one Z row at a time, but it is tricky to reveal pieces within the XY plane...

Old 04 April 2011   #17
You crazy kids with your boxes and your krakatoas. Back in my day we plunked in a script operator and god dammit we liked it

Old 04 April 2011   #18
Originally Posted by noouch: You crazy kids with your boxes and your krakatoas. Back in my day we plunked in a script operator and god dammit we liked it

What is even crazier, when I decided to learn how to write plugins with the SDK 7 years ago, the first thing I wrote was a LEGO Operator for PFlow.
It was fast, but nowhere as powerful as the combination of Krakatoa and Frost...
Now get the F off my lawn!

Old 04 April 2011   #19
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread