how they did the bricks animation effect here?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2009
how they did the bricks animation effect here?

dear friends ... i watched an ad. for tiger beer ... and it has a very cool particle effect that i tried to do it alot but without achievement ... i was reading an article about this Ad in fxguide and i knew from it that they used particle flow with scripting to archive this effect ... does anybody have any idea how to achieve this effect? i do not know scripting ...

you can watch the Ad here:
http://www.oktobor.com/#/work/tiger/

thanx guyz

09 September 2009
That's how I'd do it:

First I'd build the complete thing with separate Bricks (only the parts that are showed moving in the animation ). Then I'd use some PFlow script to spawn particles at the bricks' position (something like Bobo's Custom Chunks script), rotate them, scale them to 0 and use a deflector to send them to a new Event, where they will rotate and scale into their original form. By animating the Deflector I can then determine how the Bricks will appear.

For full effect you'll have to use multiple Flows for different parts of the Buildings.

09 September 2009
Besides the stock PFlow, Octobor also used PFTools:Box#2 and Box#3 in their Tiger Beer (New York and London) commercials.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

10 October 2009
Those spots are beautifully done! Any chance for a making of?
I miss commercial work sometimes i had a good time with some ups and downs.

Ansi want's a making of

10 October 2009
These are wonderful! Congratulations to Octobor, and a making-of would be great.

10 October 2009
Great ads

Originally Posted by monem: dear friends ... i watched an ad. for tiger beer ... and it has a very cool particle effect that i tried to do it alot but without achievement ... i was reading an article about this Ad in fxguide and i knew from it that they used particle flow with scripting to archive this effect ... does anybody have any idea how to achieve this effect? i do not know scripting ...

you can watch the Ad here:
http://www.oktobor.com/#/work/tiger/

thanx guyz

Looks like a really similar placement technique Galagast (Jeff Lim) used on a scene I built up a tutorial for:

Box#2 Visual Guide - PhysX Switch

There is a preview video at the bottom of the page...

Agreed making of would be sweet

10 October 2009
Really great job and was really nice to read that interview.

10 October 2009
Indeed awesome effect they have achieved! Besides great shading and other rendering related things, it's fairly simple particle setup. Couldn't resist - here is my attempt.

http://tas3d.com/video/wall3.mov

10 October 2009
Dude it turned out quite nice, I love the gotorotation and upscale - very cool jump to place effect

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by tasiek: Indeed awesome effect they have achieved! Besides great shading and other rendering related things, it's fairly simple particle setup. Couldn't resist - here is my attempt.

http://tas3d.com/video/wall3.mov

very cool,how did you do that?

10 October 2009
First I create one brick and adjust it's pivot, then with array I build this simple wall. So you have many objects in it's final position/rotation/scale.

Then you create particles from objects(ObjectToPraticle) and store it's initial position/rotation(alignment)/scale.

Then you transform this posioton, rotation and scale, and in next step bring it back to the stored position....

05 May 2010
Quote: First I create one brick and adjust it's pivot, then with array I build this simple wall. So you have many objects in it's final position/rotation/scale.

Then you create particles from objects(ObjectToPraticle) and store it's initial position/rotation(alignment)/scale.

Then you transform this posioton, rotation and scale, and in next step bring it back to the stored position....

Hi tasiek, fancy going into a little more depth about that process, we are looking to do something similar here. Are you just using particle flow out of the box or Thinking particles and are you scripting anything if it is particle flow. Any further explanation would be much appreciated.

05 May 2010
Anyone got an idea of how to do this in PFlow Vanilla?
Ansi?
I've just had a go but I'm going around in circles. Reading Tasiek explanation he used Thinking Particles.

Thread Closed share thread