Particle Flow Discussion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2004
Is there a way to get bits of the fire to break off and flot away together.

You may get a spawn test to pull that off, its just that right now all the fire that I do looks like dust and not a solid flame. Same goes with the smoke.

01 January 2004
I'm trying to get a nice smoke/fire effect with pflow and AB. I have two different AB systems and in one of the systems I have and explode deamon so its a really hot bottom but it has really transparent smoke. I still have much to work on the explode deamon part at the bottom but overall its coming together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoke_fire.jpg (7.3 KB, 997 views)

http://www.3dluvr.com/treed

01 January 2004
Hey this is a really nice start ...
I think that the smoke should be a little more darker... (Also make the background lighter too IMO)

I have been trying to make some fire without ABurn...
This is the final result ... added a little bit of smoke too...
I Still don't like the color of it

Last edited by KaMe : 01 January 2004 at 08:57 PM.

01 January 2004
what material are you all applying to your particles? mine are just showing up as colored dots. not sure what im doign wrong

here is my test. first time to post an animation. hope it works
http://modmen.250free.com/people/Lo.../pflowtest3.avi

maybe he didnt????

01 January 2004
"Due to an inordinate amount of abuse, visitors to
this free account from your region or
country have been restricted." =(

Cant see the video...
I used Shape facing + VideoPost Glow...

01 January 2004
dang, i guess i didnt get the posting right.

but thaks KaMe. shape facing + video post? i talked to BigRans last night and he told me somthing along the same lines. i will give it a shot

maybe he didnt????

01 January 2004
Alright I have been playing around with the AB settings and I've improved on the effect. I darkened the smoke and the fire so its more tendril like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoke_fire2.jpg (15.3 KB, 718 views)

01 January 2004
All right, I did some playing around and this is what I got for a fast test. There are some things that I will change, but I will post this for now. I hope that you all can take this and run with it.

I have a m-blur on the camera, and 1 wind with a p-age for the material.

If you have any questions, I will post the file so that you can all use it as a start.

I know that there is no smoke, but I’m taking this one task at a time.

Fire AVI

zip file

01 January 2004
Here's a test that I did quite a while back now with plfow. Its a just for fun thing, I though it would be cool to do some kind of meteorite breaking up effect. The flame is a little lame but there you go.

http://www.christopher-thomas.net/d...teor_new_v2.mov

CT

p.s. Could the biped posts be removed from theis topic mod? They are as the poster stated, completely off topic.... Hmm

Chris Thomas
www.cg-academy.net
CG Academy Forums

Last edited by jmonkey2000 : 01 January 2004 at 05:23 PM.

01 January 2004
Quote: Originally posted by da_rock21
qiuck question thats a little off topic. does anyone know any good character studio biped tutorials. maybe not tutorials but just a little explanation of what they buttons do. its taking me forever to learn these things.

The manual?

01 January 2004
thanks a lot for that suggestion urgaffel, i never thought of that the manual doesnt help.
but last night and this mourning i have been non stop on the biped and after much trial and error i have learned most of the keys and there purpose.

sorry to be off topic. back to PFLOW

maybe he didnt????

01 January 2004
If anyone dont have any place to upload their PFlow MAX files, jpeg images, animations etc - I've just installed a file uploader here :

PFlow Uploader

Wich you all can use for more easy sharing of files.. e.g. - Upload a .max file and a .jpg file of the same name, so they display underneath eachother, an you can view the image and download the max if interrested. Or drop a .nfo .txt of the same name also. Hope this is interresting for you

01 January 2004
I just uploaded a pic and a max file for people to take a look at.

01 January 2004
Nice! Glad it actually worked I changed the name of the .max file so it was the same as the .jpg so they would be located above each other - So they would be in context

01 January 2004
Wow, deetee thanks for the uploader. I will work on some stuff and get it up there soon. Is there a way that we can link to it on this forum?

Thanks again for the upload.

reply share thread