Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
savat
Expert
portfolio
salvo triolo
Italy

Send a message via MSN to savat

help: FFX_follow and Find_target(by script vector)

Hi guys,
I've tryed a script that transfers particles from A to B (position_object op.) by a find_target op.
Now, my troubles are when I want to transfer FFX_follow particles (A) to B, the script don't works properly.

B isn't an volume mesh but a gray scale sketch on a plane, for this reason I can't use a simple target.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
JohnnyRandom
Configurator

portfolio
John Rand
still wandering the binary void
salt lake city, USA

As long as particles are in the FumeFX Follow event and the simulation has data running through it they will be influenced.

The problem is you want object space particle motion from Fume but as fume sees it it is world space, that is the only way I can think to explain it. You want swirly motion in your particles while they travel to a target but Fume is grid based, so the fluid is related to the Grid which would be the fluids world space. So unless the fluid is simulating in the direction of the target and eventually going past it, it really is going to be easy to figure out a way to do it. All least that is what I would recommend, age test out when it is close and Find Target to it.

So if we think about this backwards you could probably get this to work. Setup a simple low count Find Target particle system with your script vector. Now use that system to drive the initial FumeFX sim. Now setup you FFX birth and Follow and take a sample of those initial particles and run them through another particle source simulation. You could probably run it through even more cycles too if you want. just keep replacing your pflow sim data with the latest batch and resimming, worth a shot. You'll know in an hour with a simple test if it will work for you or not.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
savat
Expert
portfolio
salvo triolo
Italy

Send a message via MSN to savat

Hi Johnny, ever present

let me understand..the best way to have fluid swirl motion is to create a "classical" particle system that makes dirt work and resimulate it as a particle source in fume.
then I can blend the first partilce sim with a second that uses my fume sim and slightly delete it when the target is totally aquired.

This workflow seems to be better congenial with the Ember plugin...when it will be released .

Thanks for your suggestion...I'll try it.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
JohnnyRandom
Configurator

portfolio
John Rand
still wandering the binary void
salt lake city, USA

Just an idea, I will have to try it when I get back to a machine with even a little bit of horse power.

I am excited about Ember

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
omid1366
portfolio
Omid
3ds max designer & Lecturer
Technical institue of tehran
Tehran, Iran

there is a problem :
I made a low count particle system which has a find target operator ..then I creade a fume fx grid and add an ParticleSRC to simulation ,
then I created another pflow with fumefx birth and fumefx follow . but now,the particle doesn't follow the fluid(smoke and velocity). They just reach to Find Target Icon ! not Object .
any suggestion ?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread