Krakatoa - saving specific channel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Krakatoa - saving specific channel

Hi everyone ,
I stuck with krakatoa.
To make it simple, I have a simulation made in realflow with vorticity channel and I want to use that information to spawn bubbles within pflow(only on high vorticity particles).
I use KCM technique by pixelpro to filter out low vorticity particle and tried to save that into a prt sequence but krakatoa continue to save the whole simulation .

I don't have the possibility to rerun that simulation and filter it out within realflow so I hope you guyz have a solution for this
And sorry for my english .

Tom

08 August 2012
I have been misunderstanding posts today. I am not exactly sure how your scene is setup.

You are bring your realflow sim into max via PRT Loader?

If there is a PRT Loader that you do not want to export simply hide it and it will not be included.

09 September 2012
Ok, assuming your KCM technique involves the Density channel being set to values between 0.0 and 1.0, this won't affect the saving. If you are using Krakatoa 2.x, just add another Output node to the Magma flow and set it to Selection. Take the Density value and compare it to a threshold using a LessThan Logical operator. Convert the result of the comparison to a Float and output as the Selection. Drop a KrakatoaDelete on the PRT Loader. Play with the second value of the LessThan operator and watch particles being deleted when they have Density below the threshold. Now you can resave the PRT Loader to a new PRT sequence and it will contain only the particles with high Density. Of course, you could compare directly the Magnitude of the Velocity or Vorticity and do the same trick.

The alternative is to produce a channel that PFlow supports in order to mark the particles with high Vorticity within the Particle Flow, but then you would need a Box #3 operator to control the spawning, so that might be trickier.

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread