Sand animation on path?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #1
Sand animation on path?

Hello,

For an animation course final, I am intend to illustrate various processes of synthesis and destruction as they are employed in architectural construction. In one, or few, of these processes, I would need to transfer sand and gravel from a small pile in attempt to build, from the ground up, objects like glass panes, from melted sand derived from the ground, steel gerders and concrete pillars or cylinders, from water and sand, etc.

Is there any way I may animate the synthesis of these processes?- I have 3ds max 2012 with thinking particles- destruction and concrete assembly-, pflow box 2 & 3, frost and krakatoa- dust/sand.

I have less than a month to finish this and am not concerned with material effects- merely particle and object-related solutions. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Old 04 April 2012   #2
propably not a very helpful answer, but i'd go from having the 'finished' object at the beginning and would 'destroy' it with reactor or any tool of choice and then just play the animation in reverse. propably easier that trying to get the particles in the correct position to form an object (tried that myself once and it wasn't very nice).

Old 04 April 2012   #3
Thanks Holzi, but I dont believe I explained my goal well enough. The reverse destruction I can do with thinking particles-blurp -, its just the volumetric particles objects- sand dunes- that I must find a way to animate into a stream; transferring sand from a mound to a stream then up into an object- like a concrete cylinder or something. But this 'blurp would accompany the sand stream- for complexity- which is the difficult part.

I just found of a way to make particles follow an icon-speed by icon
but the tutorial itself is a bit inaccessible and is standalone in its implied series.

Old 04 April 2012   #4

Old 04 April 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread