Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Finra
portfolio
Finra
Auckland, New Zealand

Red face Reaper style model

Hello~

I'd like some help on how to make a 'particle-ized' reaper... a reaper that floats, not uncessarily the weapon but most important is the way it floats..how do I produce that in Maya 3D?

Its like very faint mist kinda...particle-like effect...

Anything would help!!!

Need this for my university assignment so I would be very very very grateful if I can get help asap.

Thanks in advance!

Finra

Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
MrJuzah
Obsol33t Modeller

portfolio
Jay Lawrence
3D Generalist
London, GB

Send a message via MSN to MrJuzah
You could tackle it in a range of ways - Im also studying at uni so im by no means the most informed artist but I would look into either..

a) Model the reaper like a normal mesh and then use it as a container for particles (could be very time consuming going by my own tinkering)

b) Again, model the entire thing, and then give it the ghostly look in AfterEffects/nuke/your chosen post-production software.

Going by discussions with my tutors it is possible to animate a normal map, so perhaps if you were able to rustle up a cloudy texture, make a normal map of it, and animate it that way. I say this because i imagine option (A) would not give you the definition you'd want in the characters form, and a normal map would interact with the lighting and give the necessary shadows.

------------------

Though i do want to make it clear these are things which i've only considered doing theoretically, would help if someone could validate whether any are possible/worth pursuing.

~Jay

Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread