how do i setup the blueprints for modeling head

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2010   #1
how do i setup the blueprints for modeling head

How do set up the view of the. blueprints(perspective viewport) for modeling a human head. I currently have the front view facing foward and the side view is exactly 90 degrees angle in front of the front view face.(see jpg attachement)

do i stagger th blue prints as i saw the tutorial do wihch i was following. provided the link
( if i stagger the bluprints how far appart) thats what confused me was it seemed not a measured accurate method at the end.
cheers any help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMJwBd2SMM

Old 04 April 2010   #2
However you like and whatever works best for you.

Try the right forum for that next time.

Old 04 April 2010   #3
Modelling Plane setup script

Hi pillstar if you e-mail me petluke@gmail.com I have a small script that will do this for you.
You can just delete any of the planes you don't need.

Luke

See this link for picture
Image Planes

Last edited by lucpet : 06 June 2010 at 05:18 AM.

Old 04 April 2010   #4
Originally Posted by bobafet1000: ( if i stagger the bluprints how far appart) thats what confused me was it seemed not a measured accurate method at the end.

Youre modeling a head, measured accuracy is for architecture, not humans.

Old 06 June 2010   #5
Originally Posted by bobafet1000: How do set up the view of the. blueprints(perspective viewport) for modeling a human head. I currently have the front view facing foward and the side view is exactly 90 degrees angle in front of the front view face.(see jpg attachement)

do i stagger th blue prints as i saw the tutorial do wihch i was following. provided the link
( if i stagger the bluprints how far appart) thats what confused me was it seemed not a measured accurate method at the end.
cheers any help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMJwBd2SMM

hey, that's MY video
i doesn't matter how far apart the images are, i just create a kinda "boxed in" area to model the head. i just moved the images away from the center so they didn't get in the way of the mesh.

Old 06 June 2010   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread