Seeking guidance on how to model a body

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2011   #1
Seeking guidance on how to model a body

I know its been asked before, and that there is no deffinitive answer, but....

Ive been trying to learn how to model a body, and have already seen quite a few tutorials. Among these, the ones I found the most useful where Blenderela and "Freedom of theach...". Though both instructors achieve amazing results, their approach is completely different, box modeling vs polymodeling..

So my question is, for a beginner, is it easier to go from the genearl to the deatil, or just as in blenderella delve into detailing the individual parts?

I am rally struggling with this, though I have managed to do a couple of basic models.

Besides, how much detail should a model have if I intend on using zbrush later on?

Old 08 August 2011   #2
Some old tutorials:
http://www.arildwiro.com/
http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tu...a/swimsuitbabe/

But if you want to sculpt, it'll be a different thing. If you're indecisive, just go ahead to try. Don't think too much. Do you do any painting? The approach is: always block out the shape at the beginning and refine details later. It's the same in modeling no matter it's polygon modeling or sculpting.

Old 08 August 2011   #3
Ive uploaded my first attempt at doing a hand. Though it is certainly not perfect, I am quite happy with the outcome.

However, I hope that someone can give me some feedback on my previous question, since my biggest problem is that I do not know how to bring all the parts together into modelign a body (and certainnly not with muscles).

Cheers

Old 08 August 2011   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread