Pose requests with figure model Ben Miller - request a pose here! - Nudity

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #61
Smile Great poses Ben

Thanks for all your poses!..Sincerely...they made me grab my sketchbook!..

*Subscribed*to this thread for wonderful reference!..

Old 10 October 2006   #62
Thumbs up

Sounds great, CgIcecube, and thanks!

*Ben smiles*,

Old 10 October 2006   #63
I tried

Werepumpkin,

I gave the poses a try. As you can see, there are a few differences, in that I did them as full-body, not cropped (it's kind of a thing for me, I think...), and I didn't attempt any drapery as I thought that would make it more difficult. Again, not sure if I helped you, but I did make the attempt, in any case:

(larger version here: http://photos.imageevent.com/justme...3315CE-N197.JPG )

(larger version here: http://photos.imageevent.com/justme...3333CE-N197.JPG )

(larger version here: http://photos.imageevent.com/justme...3338CE-N197.JPG )

Old 10 October 2006   #64
Beautiful! Truly!

Thanks, Ben.
Cris

Old 10 October 2006   #65
oooh what an awesome thread - thanks very much!

Old 10 October 2006   #66
Ben, once again THANK YOU!!

You've exceeded my expecations. I love that they are full body, the lighting is perfect, and they are just right for the spots where I needed the reference. In fact I'm sure I'll adjust a few more spots than I thought needed it.

Last but not least, thank you for doing them so fast. After reading how much you go through to do these photo sessions, I didn't expect them so fast.

I will restrain from more requests, until I have put these to use. Thanks again. Take care, and I'll see you here again soon.

Old 10 October 2006   #67
Smile

Thanks Cris!

Thank you, Intervain, I appreciate the kind comment.

You're welcome, Werepumpkin. I do hope they're helpful. I wasn't expecting to have the time quite so soon either, but then I did, so I tried it. I'm pleased to think I kind of "back-interpretted" the lighting okay, from your drawing. I was hoping it wasn't a bit "too much" contrast (although I think it's potentially easier to change/fix that in photoshop or similar, if necesary, than to go the other way....).

Old 10 October 2006   #68
You're right about the lighting, Ben, it's easier to tone it down, than to add detail where there is none.

Old 10 October 2006   #69
This is an incredible resource

Ben, thank you so much for doing this! If possible whenever you have the time, could you do forshortening poses? Also, could you take close ups of your head, hands, and feet in various angles (those are the trickiest parts to draw for me). Again there is no rush on this and I'll post the results I get from the poses. Thanks again!

Old 10 October 2006   #70
Seansea,

Any foreshortening in particular that you're looking for? These are a few that I've done fairly recently that I think include some foreshortening:

Old 10 October 2006   #71
Seansea,

I haven't had much success at the close-up shots, though I've tried a couple of times - just never been very happy with the results. These are probably the "closest":

Last edited by justmeina : 10 October 2006 at 04:50 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #72
These are great, Ben. I think many of us could use poses reference like these. Thank you agan for your generousity.

Old 10 October 2006   #73
just want to leave some thankfull words here too.
this thread is great and i will keep looking in here. its like christmas and birthday merging together and unexpected jumping out of a box called webspace. many thanks!

Old 10 October 2006   #74
Smile

Thanks (again) Werepumkin! Obviously these were some that I had already done previously, and added here based on Seansea's request. As I've done thousands of them, I think this thread will (have to) be limited to whatever is specifically requested.

Thanks DarioCoelho! I hope that my creating this type of reference imagery is helpful to you and others in your artistic pursuits. I have enjoyed and do enjoy doing it, for the opportunity to help and support figurative art, and I very much hope that it does.

Old 10 October 2006   #75
Thanks Ben!

I have to be more careful and fully look through what you already have done (whoops). Those were the types of forshortening shots I was looking for! And your closeups are fine. I can always zoom in and crop if I need to go closer. Again, I'm very thankfull that you are taking the time to do this!

Thread Closed share thread