Pose requests with figure model Ben Miller - request a pose here! - Nudity

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Queensoul asks timidly if there are bigger versions too? Dont worry if there aren't.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

10 October 2006
Smile

*Ben, smiling widely*, thanks again Cris!

Yes, Queensoul, the larger versions are available at this link: http://imageevent.com/justmeina/temp

10 October 2006
Ben,

Thank you for the images - they're great, as usual. By the way, you may wish to pace yourself - there's a massive CGTalk Challenge competition just around the corner, and you may find yourself with a lot of requests (depending on how many people are aware of what you are doing for the community). Please don't feel obligated to fulfill every request - only do what you can.

Cheers,

-Rebecca

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

10 October 2006
Thanks Rebecca!

Of course I will and can only do what I can. For various reasons, these "sessions" (which I did one of last week and one this week) tend to take me between about 5 and 8 hours to do (re-arrange the house to convert part of it into a makeshift "photo studio", set everything up, check everything out, attempt the poses again and again getting most of them wrong (or perhaps even more wrong...), take everything back down and put it away and restore the house (lol?), and then process and edit each photo (I shoot them all in camera raw format now, so each is processed bit by bit, individually (including the many I just subsequently throw out)). I do not claim to be any good at any of this, but I do try, and I have fun in the attempt. I hope I can meet the challenge of whatever request comes my way, although in some cases, it may take me quite a while. So far, I've never turned any down, although I'm sure I've done some rather poorly, for various reasons (I really just don't have every piece of equipment, nor can I get into every position any longer - darned 40+ thing, anyway :( ....). Bottom line, I will try my best, but just as you said, I can only do what I can do.

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure,

Ben.

10 October 2006
Ben,

No, I think that really helps us to appreciate how much effort you put into this. It's a fantastic committment and I think everyone is enormously grateful for your generosity.

Cheers,

-Rebecca

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

10 October 2006
I agree with Rebecca. I never expect anything more than what someone is willing to do when it is me asking for a favor. I'm really quite grateful for what you've done...and that you took the time to do some for me...really, Ben, thank you so much.

Cris

10 October 2006
I can only imagine how much effort and time you put in doing what you so selflessly do.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Perhaps you need some well deserved break before we come bugging again.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

10 October 2006
Smile

No worries, Rebecca, Cris, and Queensoul. I do this simply because I want to, and enjoy doing it. I love to see resulting artworks and I feel very good about supporting figurative art in this way as I believe figurative art offers tremendous potential benefit to the world, culture, and society we all live in. If/when the time comes that I can't do it any longer, for whatever reason, then I guess I won't - although I think that will be a sad day. Until then, and for the moment, I'm "caught up" on requests, so I think I'm "good" . I do hope, perhaps despite my limitations, that my efforts are helpful and useful as that is what makes it all worthwhile for me.

Last edited by justmeina : 10 October 2006 at 12:58 PM.

10 October 2006
Thank you so much!

Ben, my sincere thanks for the reference photo. I did a little of modeling for reference photos for friends in college, so I can appreciate how much work you must put into these. Yet, what you have come up with is invaluable for me. I will share my progress/ final image with you as soon as I have something.

By the way, how is it that you can post images right into the content of the messages but I have to attach them, which makes them come up in a separate box in the message and much smaller. Am I doing something wrong?

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by werepumpkin: By the way, how is it that you can post images right into the content of the messages but I have to attach them, which makes them come up in a separate box in the message and much smaller. Am I doing something wrong?

werepumpkin, just to jump in to answer your posting question:

This thread walks you through how to use the free image host photobucket and how to post images inline so that they appear as large images and not as thumbnails.

However, please bear in mind that Photobucket and image shack do not even allow tasteful nude images or any art with nudity, so you may have to go with flickr or pbase, or your own web host for hosting nude images:

New to CGTalk? Learn how to post IMAGES here!
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=267088

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

10 October 2006
Thanks for the prompt reply, Rebeca! I'll chesk the link out.

10 October 2006
Smile

Werepumpkin,

I just wanted to wish you well on your project, and I hope that my attempt is useful in some way,

10 October 2006
Thanks, Ben. No doubt your photo will be of help. Thanks again, and take care.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it: here's the sketch for a large pastel piece I was doing about two years ago. The 3 figures always felt a bit off, but I never had the right reference to correct them. Do you think you can try these on your next session?

Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuenLadronSM.jpg (70.9 KB, 114 views)

10 October 2006
Yes, Werepumpkin, I shall try, next chance I get,

Thread Closed share thread