Pose requests with figure model Ben Miller - request a pose here! - Nudity

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #16
Ben,

I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I still need to send you sketches - if I sent you sketches by this Saturday, is there any chance that you might be able to shoot pictures in the next week? Your willingness to do these poses is a huge help!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

-Rebecca

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #17
Yes, Rebecca, Saturday should be good, as I'm pretty sure I won't have a chance to do any more before then. Hopefully I can get them done in the next week, I probably can.

Old 09 September 2006   #18
Thanks a lot!

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #19
Thumbs up 5 stars!

Whoa Ben! Uber cool!These are Amazing! Thanks a ton for these! Michelangelo would have been glad to draw from such reference!

Cant wait to draw these!

could you link to higher-res versions of these! it would be wonderful!

Last edited by Thomasphoenix : 09 September 2006 at 03:29 AM.

Old 09 September 2006   #20
Smile

Thanks! The higher resolution versions can be seen here: http://imageevent.com/justmeina/temp

Old 09 September 2006   #21
Ben
Thank you for the wonderful poses and sweet lighting.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

Old 09 September 2006   #22
Huge apologies for the tardiness of my reply, I still haven't got into the habit of subscribing to threads yet (after a good couple of years on this site, too... O.o) That will be absolutely perfect Ben, thank you so much, I'll be certain to drop you a line when I have the piece finished. Very, very much appreciated.

And thanks to Rebecca for kicking me in the butt with the PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #23
Talking

Thanks for the kind words, Queensoul!

No tardiness, Zephyri, quite prompt really, I just added the pose attempt. I'm thrilled to hear you think it will help, and look forward to seeing your finished work.

Old 09 September 2006   #24
Hi Ben,
This is Just the begining!These pics are going to give me some terrific time, I did this quickfire digital study 5 minutes , trying to capture the power in the pose! After I intend to do many more for the same pose each time trying to interpret the force in a different way!Then try to build a composition around the interpretation i like best!
Thought you will like to see the begining!

Old 09 September 2006   #25
Ben, those photos and poses are amazing.

I would love, if and when you have time, if you would do some fencing/sword fighting (a la Erroyl Flynn) and some staff fighting.

I love your photos and am ever so grateful for your gracious allowance for our usage.

Thank you,
Cris

Old 09 September 2006   #26
Praises and questions

Many praises and thanks for such a generous offer! Already I can see myself using a lot of the reference photos so far.

I do not know if this has been covered elsewhere, but could you address the issue of copyright? From what I recall the photos on the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art Forum are not to be used for commercial or any other purposes other than the forum excersises. Is that the case here as well?

... just trying to be sure we're on the same page.

Old 09 September 2006   #27
Originally Posted by werepumpkin: I do not know if this has been covered elsewhere, but could you address the issue of copyright? From what I recall the photos on the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art Forum are not to be used for commercial or any other purposes other than the forum excersises. Is that the case here as well?

... just trying to be sure we're on the same page.

werepumpkin, just to jump in here, you are welcome to use any uncopyrighted photos from Hong Ly's website, www.characterdesigns.com are copyright free and may be used for any use, commercial or otherwise.

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 09 September 2006 at 05:59 PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #28
Cool

Hey Thomas, that's cool! - certainly looking much more "Hercules-like" than I really do..... It's great to see the drawing, thanks! I hope the images are useful and curiously, I think you did the one I liked most first, at least for the pose itself, but because of the way I did the lighting it ended up a little "washed out" in the photo (sigh, it's always something...., but I try).

Thanks for the kind words, Cris, much appreciated! As I have no sword (which is probably why I haven't tried such poses before), would my trusty broom stick handle (lol), turned club in the "Hercules attempt" work at all? Otherwise, I suppose I'll have to at least hunt down a toy sword... hmmm......

werepumpkin (and Rebecca), I consider my photos copyright to me (at least the ones I took myself, which includes all of them in this thread, so far). I do this to protect the photos themselves, hopefully, from potentially popping up heaven only knows where. However, and to be clear, I grant full permission to use them for artistic and non-sexual reference and you may do anything you wish with your resulting works, including commercial uses (it's happened a number of times already, and frankly, I'm quite pleased to be helpful to artists in this way). If you would like more formal permission, say a formal model release, please let me know and I will offer one. Thanks also for the kind words, werepumpkin .

Old 09 September 2006   #29
Ben,

Thank you for the clarification! I have edited my post.

Cheers,

-Rebecca

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #30
Oh, yes, Ben...broomhandles are fine. OOoooooo...I can hardly wait!

Thank you,
Cris

Thread Closed share thread