Need advice on modeling a head

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
Need advice on modeling a head

Hi, you guys seem to be the experts, and I would appreciate your opinions on this.

1) I am modeling this head, it is supposed to be a street child (sad looking, skinny, not caucasian -undefined non white race for the purpose of the artwork- about 10 year old boy). I have not added detail in lids, lips, etc., because I don't want to make the mesh more complex at this point. Is the general form of the face OK? I am pretty new at doing people, and basically would like to know if I am starting with the right foot here.

2) I will model a couple more humans (different ages) soon, and I am hoping to reuse this mesh. So I will add ears and neck and save this mesh as a generic mesh. Later, I intend to move points here and there and make an old lady, a fat guy, etc. NOT CARTOON like. Do you think this mesh is appropiate to to that? Any major changes needed?

3) I am curious if you know a good method or workflow or trick or whatever to model an "EXACT" face. Some time ago, I put a good front picture of the face of this lady in one viewport, a sede picture on the other, hoping that since I can do pretty exact copies of cars that way, I could do a good portray of the lady. I spent days and days moving point here and there and in the end what I had was a pretty good modelled lady (I think) but it was NOT the lady I wanted. How would you tackle this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

fer

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Talking

Hi there, fer,

Glad to see you dropping by! I am happy to add some comments a bit later, but I also wonder if you have seen this really famous thread by Steven Stahlberg:

Body topology
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...t=body+topology

He is a much better person to address specific issues of topology, though I am happy to provide feedback about the more general / non~technical aspects of the face.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread