Sketchbook Thread of Splinter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2011   #31
I'm practicing lines and shadows. This is a Still Life that I put together for reference.

Old 07 July 2011   #32
Working on a self portrait, but it's doesn't look a whole lot like me o.O

I'm going for a mischievous expression here.

Last edited by Splinter : 07 July 2011 at 06:44 PM.

Old 08 August 2011   #33
Subjective Self Portrait

The subject is how we sometimes wear our smiles, but the true emotions are hidden under the masks we show. In the end I liked the drawing, but I still have issues with the proportions of the hand (they're off) and the ear. I left out one of the ears because it's supposed to be lost in the shadows. Only I messed up because I highlighted the jaw line on that side when it should have been hidden too. I also think that the darkest shadows could have used some black to enforce the reason for the missing ear and emphasize the message a little more.

C&C welcome

Old 10 October 2011   #34
So here is a link to a zbrush timelapse that I created last night. I think it made for a pretty good practice session

Here

Old 11 November 2011   #35
Here are a couple drawings I started in photoshop for fun.

Old 11 November 2011   #36
Hey Splinter. Enjoyed looking at your concept work. Great lines. Did you ever finish "Goddess of Retribution?" Post a link if you did.

Old 12 December 2011   #37
Originally Posted by bupaje: Hey Splinter. Enjoyed looking at your concept work. Great lines. Did you ever finish "Goddess of Retribution?" Post a link if you did.

Sadly no, I didn't finish goddess of retribution but I did get a little further with the concept. Here she is when I last worked on her.

I really was liking the way this character was starting to look. I think if I am ever looking to model a character just for fun I think this might be the one for me to consider.

Old 01 January 2012   #38
A little time spent goofing off with photoshop =D

Old 01 January 2012   #39
Hi everybody. So... now I'm trying not to let any of these studies exceed past 3 mins. That way I not only study anatomical layout but train my eye to pick up detail quicker. Hope it works out for me

These studies are coming from George Bridgman's Complete guide, and any face or ref pic to coincide with whatever topic I just so happen to be on in the Bridgman book.

Old 02 February 2012   #40
Here is a quick sculpt I started. I'll be picking it back up soon.

Click on to view the timelapse

Old 02 February 2012   #41
Originally Posted by Splinter: A little time spent goofing off with photoshop =D

Great piece of work, and so are the rest!

Old 02 February 2012   #42
Thank you CGmaciej

Here I did a quick sculpt to study the torso and skull a little. Took around 30 mins.

Old 03 March 2012   #43
I really enjoy my time just drawing. There is a sense of meditation that I get out of it. I like when I can just draw and not have to worry about how good it is. That's why I like study lessons so much. There's no pressure; I could just focus on the drawing and who cares if it's amazing. So long as I learned something, and I enjoyed myself. Anyway if anyone catches a glance at this sketch I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did creating it

Last edited by Splinter : 03 March 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Old 03 March 2012   #44
I've decided to work on this in my free time. I wanna see how far I can take it.

Old 03 March 2012   #45
some great stuff you got here... altough I'm still mostly impressed with the girl from the first page of this thread... ;-)
I also like anatomy studies from the begining, maybe beacuse i"m also "playing" with it now... :P

reply share thread