Aggie93 - Starting Anew!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2010
Here is an open panel for the opening page of Allu. This is from my story which is posted at Allu's Blog, see above for link! Sorry Mr. Mu for starting the art work now. I cannot wait...

My new anatomy thread

My Graphic Novel thread! & Blog

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Art is never finished, It's abandoned!

03 March 2010
lol, no need to apologize, man! Just don't forget to work on that story...

BTW, the drawing looks very nice.

03 March 2010
Thanks MR Mu. I am really not knowing how to lay out the pages. I do not want a typically graphic novel panel page. I am going to explore a bit with this first page. I want to somehow get a few scenes in but without losing the interest of the story. I also do not know how detailed to make it. If I go real detailed, it will take forever. Suggestions?

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Trying something new. Since everyone else is trying sculpting, my son want to do something artsy together so I bought some clay. (I did not notice the things in the background that was interesting when taking these pictures, until now. I am noticing all the cloth diapers that we use for our new baby, a magazine called "Parent & Child" {ironic}, and my Aggie Ring is in it too.) I was going to make my Allu character and he was starting an Avatar bird but quickly went to the Avatar character. Anyway, we started with the wire skeleton then to tin foil for thickness. I am now starting the clay shell using posemaniacs as a guide to muscles. Here was last nights start.

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Some more work on the sculpture today. Anyone who has done this and knows what they are doing, am I doing this right? This is the first sculpture I have ever done. Also, does anyone know about this clay (Van Aken Plastalina Clay)? What do you do when you are finished, cook it in an oven?

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Very nice start on your sculpt!

Quote: Thanks MR Mu. I am really not knowing how to lay out the pages. I do not want a typically graphic novel panel page. I am going to explore a bit with this first page. I want to somehow get a few scenes in but without losing the interest of the story. I also do not know how detailed to make it. If I go real detailed, it will take forever. Suggestions?

I strongly recommend spending a little money on the Will Eisner series on making comic books.

Namely these two volumes:
Volume 1
Volume 2

Read them! Or go and find them at your library! I just recently discovered that my local library abounds in comics and comic tutorial books which is great.

03 March 2010
Thanks Mr. Mu. I will see if I cannot find these books. I went to the book store this weekend to find a book about something like that and did not find anything.

Thanks for the crit so far on the sculpture. Here is an update after working a little more on it last night. I think I have the torso too long. Any suggestions on how to fix it this far along?

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Well, just the obligatory question: where's your reference?

03 March 2010
Originally Posted by Mu: Well, just the obligatory question: where's your reference?

Mr. Mu, I am using multiple references for this. I have the Loomis Figure Drawing book for proportions, this website for doing a sculpture, and this model of the manga version of Witchblade. So far, I have not placed any details on her. There is no hands, feet, head, or breast. I also have not placed her symbiotic species, Cerebus, on her either. I want the figure done first, then I can see how to construct Cerebus.

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
I had more time to work on this today. My son (11yo) worked on his too a while, you can see it in the background . He told someone that one of the most fun thing he does is art with me. I am blessed!

I think since I started layering the muscles down, her proportions are coming around. Her butt is too big on one side, so I will give her a little cosmetic surgery tomorrow . But I worked on the quads, hamstrings, lats, abs, and pects a little today. I am using the book, How to Draw a Human Figure: Anatomical Approach by Louise Gordon. It is helping a lot . Anyway, y'all be the judge: (sorry for the bad picts )

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
I was thinking there's things you could to improve this, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it... it's starting to look really nice, though...

You know, I just thought today... maybe you should pay a visit to the sculpting kings and queens in here, Intervain and Anand, e.g. and ask them for pointers and obvious things to mind? Better to ask the pros...

03 March 2010
Originally Posted by Mu: I was thinking there's things you could to improve this, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it... it's starting to look really nice, though...

You know, I just thought today... maybe you should pay a visit to the sculpting kings and queens in here, Intervain and Anand, e.g. and ask them for pointers and obvious things to mind? Better to ask the pros...

I was looking around the site last night for those that do sculpting but I could not remember who they were. Thanks!

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Hello aggie93

Good beginning for now
Indeed the torso seems too long, but it's difficult to see for now .

I think you'll be able to check your character proportions once you'll get his head mass in place .
So you'll really know if your torso is too long .
For that, I use a general guide : distance from top of the head to genital parts is around 4 heads .
(It's globally apply to 7.25 to 8 heads tall characters)

I hope it can help ^^ (And sorry for my bad english )

It is all I can say for now .

Keep on aggie93 . I'll follow your scylpture evolution for sure ^^

03 March 2010
Originally Posted by Chokmah: Hello aggie93

Good beginning for now
Indeed the torso seems too long, but it's difficult to see for now .

I think you'll be able to check your character proportions once you'll get his head mass in place .
So you'll really know if your torso is too long .
For that, I use a general guide : distance from top of the head to genital parts is around 4 heads .
(It's globally apply to 7.25 to 8 heads tall characters)

I hope it can help ^^ (And sorry for my bad english )

It is all I can say for now .

Keep on aggie93 . I'll follow your scylpture evolution for sure ^^

Hey, thanks for the quick review.

Seeing that the character has the bottom half of her legs as animal (deer) and is not particularly human, I have used 8 heads as a guide. I believe not having the head made yet is throwing me off. But the top of the head to the pelvic bone is 4 heads. I had some surgery done between her legs to bring the genital parts closer to the 4 head measurement. That has helped somewhat. I also have the gap between the legs too large, which I hope to remedy easily.

I will work on her again tonight and will post my WIP picts.

Again, Thanks!

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

03 March 2010
Well I guess it was inevitable that it would get too heavy and the stand would collapse. I did not get to work on her much tonight. I had to help my son with his math and change my wife's car battery. Oh well, I did add the breast... need to work on more... and started with the skull. I trimmed her butt a little. I did not get to look at it with real detail but she is coming around.

Tonight's dump!

My new anatomy thread

My digital thread

My anatomy thread!

Thread Closed share thread