Anatomy Thread of Mister3d

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2009   #46
Thumbs up

Thank you very much SpiritDreamer, your post is very valuable to me. Even now I see some problems with folds, and will approach them again after some rest.

Old 06 June 2009   #47
hey Alexander, the same suggestions before posted, You are doing Great characters! looking forward to more...keep working!

Old 06 June 2009   #48
Originally Posted by mister3d: Thank you Kanga, finally somebody replied.
How is your progress? You haven't been updating lately, I guess you are busy, I keep an eye on your stuff, you make memorable characters, it's interesting to see anything new from you. Looking forward for your updates.

Hi Alexander,.. thanks for the kind words
I am finishing off the dominance war entry I made. Making a low poly version, uvs, texturing, rigging and setting it in a scene. As a result of this I am experimenting with single skin sculpting in zbrush which will make optimizing a mesh easier, but it is a technique I haven't really tried much before. I finally got a new workstation (quad core 64 bit) and am working that in too. After a month of use the HD became corrupted and its back to installing on a new disk after school this evening. Also I am looking forward to zbrush 4!

Lots to do ha ha.
Cheerio Chris

Old 07 July 2009   #49
Hey pal,

As you know, I'm no expert-o Maybe there are people like these fellows, if so, that'd be my mistake you should just ignore it / tell me I'm wrong(I'd like that one ) I prepared something, which only contains the things I feel is wrong...

Your friend is helping you with what? That'd be fun to create something with your friend... In my country, wheee, no one interested in 3d Hard even find someone who likes to draw. Anyway, nice characters, I don't know if they can hold more details though, since they will be animated, but if you can, there is always room for some good details

And for replying after this long, I didn't notice it before, I try not to hang out on the forums( I mostly check hardcore modeling challenge sub forum ), it's very time consuming and addictive, sorry for that

Cheers pal.

Old 07 July 2009   #50
Thank you Methol for your feedback in my topic, I checked it just today as I was doing another stuff.
I agree on many parts, and there are 2 problems: anatomical issues, and some exagerration. I will need to check the anatomy of heads, as now I see some points are missed. Especially foreheads.
Surely I will try to add more details (either with modeling of displacement), first I need to get the main form.
You are right, it's very hard to find someone interested in making such collaborative stuff. The guy makes almost all fluids\simulations\effects, and then will do also some modeling and animation, whereas I do the rest. The most interesting thing is not the final thing but what we learn from it. It somehow keeps me doing a lot of stuff I wouldn't do if there wasn't such a big goal ahead.

Last edited by mister3d : 07 July 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Old 08 August 2009   #51
A simple dog. I think I will finish it tomorrow. Something bothers me with its muscles. Will search for references.
Though it won't be seen much, but now I'm thinking about finishing it properly and putting to my organic portfolio. The tail is perhaps too short.

Last edited by mister3d : 08 August 2009 at 03:44 AM.

Old 12 December 2009   #52
I decided to give up pencil drawings and paint with wacom. Faster, cleaner look, and oddly more natural-looking result.
Some skull studies. I did one from nature and then by memory. I expected much worse actually. It's interesting to see what exactly I missed by memory.

That suxx, I need to model it, too complex form, can't grasp.

Last edited by mister3d : 12 December 2009 at 08:58 PM.

Old 12 December 2009   #53
I modeled a skull. Some points became clearer, much better than after drawing.

Old 12 December 2009   #54
So I tried to make some fixes to one of models. She became less of a pretty girl, but I don't mind this.

Old 12 December 2009   #55

Old 12 December 2009   #56
I like your structured approach to those exercises and the idea of doing sth from ref first and then from memory - I'll have to try that with some sketches. Keep it coming

Old 12 December 2009   #57
Hehe, thanks guys.

Old 12 December 2009   #58
cool studies man keep them coming !

Old 03 March 2010   #59

Old 03 March 2010   #60
Wow Alexander! I really like the last one,... very nice approach. I think you bought out the planes in the face of the old guy really well. No crits except a taste thing, the skull and neck might be a bit shallow in the z axis

Cheers man.

Thread Closed share thread