Anatomy Thread of Mister3d

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2008
Anatomy Thread of Mister3d

My current goals include:
Sketching and modelling different human parts, including such types:
muscular
female
old
fat
children

and Anatomy Lesson Series Workshops serve this well.

09 September 2008
Arms

The next 2 months I will draw and model exclusively arms.

First tries. Not very good, but... it's just a beginning.

Last edited by mister3d : 09 September 2008 at 12:43 AM.

09 September 2008
Ha ha! It's Alexander (the great)
I have the pleasure of welcoming you here first!
Very nice studies and a great start. It looks like you know your way around topology judging by the edge flow and hooks. I would urge you to take a look at a demo of either mudbox or zbrush though. If you already have a copy then read no further.

The reason I say this is because with poly modelling you have 3 big tasks.
1. good and expressive representation of what you are making (the most important)
2. edgeflow.
3. good deformation of the mesh.

With a sculpting application you don't have to worry about the last 2 which gives you way more time to explore anatomy. You can always retopo the base mesh if it needs to go to production or you want loads more resolution but that is way quicker when you have your initial template and solves hours of puzzeling.

Looking forward to witnesing your journey.
Have fun here.
Cheerio Chris

09 September 2008
Hello Kanga, and thank you for your kind welcome. I will try with zbrush too and see how it goes.
Do you mean that the sclulpted mesh from zbrush can be automatically retopologised? Or you mean that after quick sculpting in zbrush you can use it as a reference for a sub-d\low-poly modeling? Though yes, you're right, it's definitely worth trying, as it close to clay.

09 September 2008
Hi Alexander.
No optimizing the mesh only reduces your polys, retopology in zbrush is way better. In zbrush itself you use your original sculpt and draw new topology over thr top of it! Then you suck the new mesh (with all your lovelly edge flow and more polys where you need them less where you dont) right onto the base mesh with ALL your original detail. You could export that new mesh out of ZBrush and use that one for the uvs.

It's a freakin dream come true ha ha!

The reason I mentioned a sculpt program is that I think the reason you are here is to study anatomy. If you dont have to worry about mechanics you can put way more time into your form itself.

Oh man you are gonna have alot of fun!
Cheerio Chris

BTW thanx for replying to my threads

Last edited by Kanga : 09 September 2008 at 12:22 PM.

09 September 2008
Welcome Alex

great studies

and very good meshes

post more m8

09 September 2008
Thank you MIX3XIM.

More tries from today.

11 November 2008
very nice alex keep posting

11 November 2008
Very accurate arm studies Alexander!

12 December 2008
First try in zbrush

Last edited by mister3d : 12 December 2008 at 06:42 PM.

12 December 2008
Talking

i guess what you hav posted so far i got only one crit so far...kind of all rounder type and i.e. that you loosen up a bit.
your stuff has good potential but if focus too much on it lik, i should not screw this up types then, you'l screw it up cause you become too rigid..good example of this is your forarm study in last post,it feels it has been wedged out..
so relax... chill..see some old school sculptures lik David etc and sketchbooks lik of intervain and anandPG who are great with sculpting and then enjoy the flow

tc
KM

12 December 2008
Killermachine, thank you for your constructive feedback, I like it pretty much. I agree on your critics and see it's too rigid. I tried to Achieve a look of ecorche to memorise where mucles go from. I still want to try a complete ecorche and when I know mucles well I will do more lifelike forms. Your point is taken, thank you. I've read it's a beginner habit to exaggerate muscles.

I modeled a base mesh for ecorche and will continue it in zbrush tomorrow. Any critics of the base mesh (and everything else) are welcome.

Last edited by mister3d : 12 December 2008 at 09:59 PM.

03 March 2009
Some simple eye study. Hoping back to studying anatomy soon.

03 March 2009
well my friend that's wonderful base mesh

love it

04 April 2009
Working on an ecorche. Any critics are welcome.

Thread Closed share thread