Sketchbook Thread of Jmart

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2011
Hi, im sketching a lot with ball-point pen on paper lately, ill scan and post to hear opinios soon.
This are digital for the moment, last two without reference, the others are quick studies and practices.

12 December 2011
Just took a look from the first page to here, you've come a long way! Your improvements are astounding Keep the work coming!

12 December 2011
Thanks a lot!!! im not getting any feedback lately so i highly appreciate your comments.

Cheers, and have a good 2012.

01 January 2012
Hi Juan

your thread deserves more attention!
Love the crab studies!

In general, if I had to critique it would be something like "try not to use black for your shadows. Shadows are usually very colorful too". Studies from life will teach you a lot about shadows.

Anyway, your work is getting better and better so just keep going

01 January 2012
Thanks a lot man, ill keep the advice about shadows in mind.

have a nice 2012!!!

04 April 2012
Hi all, a sketch for this topic

TWO LIFE-FORMS STRUGGLE TO CARRY A PIECE OF HEAVY FURNITURE

and this one without any particular goal...

and some studies

Ive been doing a lot of studies this are the 0,5% or so since my last update, ill post more later.

Cheers!

Last edited by JM-art : 04 April 2012 at 06:47 AM.

06 June 2012
stuff...i'm trying to practice based on projects, for that i found that the conceptart.org weekly challenges are great.

And some environments using shapes, lasso, gradients etc....

game of thrones study

06 June 2012
Hey Jmart, its been a while man. Saw your recent posts and those concepts are really great! You've come so far in your digital skills its really cool to see. Glad you're pushing yourself and continuing to learn and grow...good for you! Those creatures in particular are very unique and colorized very well. Good stuff!

06 June 2012
Hi there Zach, thanks for the comments. I do push myself, but not as hard as i should, i need to be more constant and organized, but well this challenges at Conceptart are giving us a great oportunity to do stuff based on a topic and with a deadline, wich helps a lot to concentrate in one piece and try harder to make it good and do decently in the poll thread. Is also very fun to see what others do and to give and receive good feedback. Maybe you could give it a try some day...nothing to loose.

Thanks again and cheers Zach.

10 October 2012
last character....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PERSONAL_GREMLINv10_WEBLOW.jpg (91.4 KB, 8 views)

11 November 2012
Hello, just browsing your sketchbook!
I have to say the variety of your sketches is refreshing. It's cool that you're exploring but with a goal in mind.

The improvement from your first page is really encouraging for me! Thanks for sharing. (:
And keep it up!

11 November 2012
sevenluck thanks, your comment is encouraging for me as well. The conceptart challenges (characters and of creatures) of the week, helped me a lot...having a brief to follow and a deadline, plus the incentive to do your best so at least you have a decent piece to compete with some very talented people is a wonderfull frame to learn , develop skills, and experiment...but as you said with a goal and limits, as one would have to deal in real world, and wich helps you to focus a lot better.
Is great for me to hear that you are referring to my sketches as refreshing, i'm always trying to avoid common places at least within my own stuff if nothing else.

When you feel ready, i recomend you to try those challenges some time, there is nothing to lose, and a lot to win....

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumd...NITY-ACTIVITIES

Cheers

11 November 2012
Hi Juan, you have a really nice sketch book here and it is great to see your progress over the years. Thank for you for stopping by my work.
I'll be keeping an eye on your sketchbook from now on. Keep it up!

12 December 2012
the infected scientist

Thanks a lot gdsworld.

Not a fan of this one, i'll post it anyway. Entry for the character of the week # 308 at conceptart.org The theme for the concept was......

The infected Scientist

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doctor_Alien2_LOw.jpg (86.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JM-art : 12 December 2012 at 12:28 AM.

02 February 2013
Little 2d going on lately, but i felt inspired to do this caricature of Megan Fox. I always failled when trying to do a beatifull woman caricature since they always looked ugly and/or too masculine. So they are extremely hard to do for me, but i think this one might be just ok.

I'd like some opinions about this though!

Last edited by JM-art : 02 February 2013 at 02:42 AM.

Thread Closed share thread