Sketchbook Thread of Sirielle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2007   #31
Hi Samanthie, I'm still chicken to do anatomy studies

I've been told to darken shading on this arm to make it pop out less then it
should be visible as being further. I'm still not happy with the
armour. I will work on it more later, hopefully today. As soon as this
little painter goes out from my mind

Last edited by sirielle : 05 May 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Old 05 May 2007   #32
Finally some anatomy

Stormy weather finally forced me to take a pencil in my hand instead of tablet's pen. HB Pencil (have no other O_o) and a black gel-pen and one more soft black ball pen. I'm pleased with result even if something is wrong with his arms.

That's my first totally completely nude man and the first muscles drawing. Reference (just rotate it 1 step to the right to get a highlight on upper leg; this is great set of pose references, I only wish to know what is written there).
I need to do more of these, that was fun

Ah, but first I drew this. I shouldn't show you this one for something went wrong with his legs XD Just stiff 8 heads practice from Loomis:

Uh no, there is no undo option, that is scary

Old 05 May 2007   #33
the first one is great! the other guy is a bit too narrow around waist and hips.

nice painting style

Old 05 May 2007   #34
Hi Sirielle, I agree with Nelchee, that top sketch is great! I like the linework very much. The second sketch is good too but to me his legs below the knees seem a little short. Keep practicing and posting!

Old 05 May 2007   #35
Thank you both! I don't know what I did with this funny guy's legs, I used lines for 8 heads and measured all as Loomis did, yet I messed with feet. Loomis probably did ankles lower and had feet in a different perspective, I'll have to draw it again later.

Old 06 June 2007   #36
The same book and family, but to make life easier let's call him a boy in toga. Anatomy, light and texture practice in a moment I should really be painting something else.

I usually work in a different way, but here I flipped the half face and shifted features to get the face I wanted.Then I painted alternative face variants to came back to the old one:

I managed to spoil his chest a bit, so I'll post less scribbled image later when I fix it.
*Lights - I wanted to have sidelights silver and golden, these lights mingle and fill the air,there is no sun or any other light source. I could try to paint the trees which produce these lights, but that would kill me probably.
*I need to do something with background, colour is awful.
*And find out how to paint his hair to reflect the lights.

Last edited by sirielle : 06 June 2007 at 03:39 PM.

Old 06 June 2007   #37
He has a nice face Sirielle. His forehead may be a little narrow. The neck looks right but the muscles leading up to it near the shoulders are curved inwardly. Curves go outward as I have learned from Rebecca. This takes practice but it will make a great deal of difference to your work. Keep sketching!

Old 06 June 2007   #38
Thank you Could you underline me what you mean about the muscles?
I've got them also shifted wrong - I mean a part of torso is rotated, a part not (one collarbone higher than other). Haven't get to drawing today, yet.

Old 06 June 2007   #39
Thumbs up

Hi sirielle!
Nice progress Sirielle! gogo

Old 06 June 2007   #40
Thank you, Viktor

Old 06 June 2007   #41
Here is a quick illustration as to what I mean. It's just a subtle curve that is less inward/more outward.

Old 06 June 2007   #42
Oh yes,now I see!I was looking totally at different thing XD Thank you!

Old 06 June 2007   #43
Let's call them concept doodles or visual notes to remember what I wanted to draw. Doodled without any reference, so I expect proportions are off. I'll be drawing all anew one day when I get back to these:

Dance.

That's in fact remake of that old ball-pen sketch,though I wasn't looking at it:

I'm still looking for the right pose for them, need a reference for that.

Three hunters.

Wild run under stars. I don't know how to "bite" this one, what angle, format. The guy in the foreground has to be kicked out for sure.

Last edited by sirielle : 06 June 2007 at 10:58 PM.

Old 06 June 2007   #44
[dead links]

Last edited by sirielle : 12 December 2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: dead links

Old 06 June 2007   #45

No time to draw boys better, good night! (5AM)

reply share thread