Sketchbook Thread of Dreamy Kid

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Red face Sketchbook Thread of Dreamy Kid

Hi, welcome to my sketchbook thread. This is the thread where i'll be posting most of my figurative arts, both from my own study and school projects. I hope this thread will be some kind of journal and be helpful for me to keep in track with my personal improvement from time to time - if there is any - and get some constructive suggestions from fellow forum members.
I would like to thank Rebecca that's been patiently guiding me and teaching me in the beginner lounge, and inspire me at the first place to learn about this and not giving up.
Most of my older works can be found at the beginner lounge and I encourage everyone who've just started into figurative art to join the thread. Thank you

Last edited by Dreamy Kid : 03 March 2007 at 02:53 PM.

11 November 2006
Heya Devin,

Good to see this finally go up - I look forward to seeing your work.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2006
Hi

that's great!
hope you'll enjoy the ride

03 March 2007
some life drawing studies from various resources < life models, magazine, photographs > on 18"X24" paper

03 March 2007
This one is from http://www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com/, i've been subscribing for a while and they have a lot of interesting models. this one is my favourite

03 March 2007
these 2 models come to my life drawing class regularly, about one and a half hour pose each on 18"X24" bond paper

03 March 2007
just random drawings from my sketchbook

03 March 2007
hello everyone, it's march break and i finally have the time to photograph some of my the works i do lately - should have done it earlier. i'm always lurking here everyday in the forum during my free time but mostly just being passive. anyways i'll be trying to be more involved in the community and hopefully can help each other in learning.

art school have been busy and can be stressing at one point, but i'm happy that i learn a lot. i'm still experimenting with styles and pretty much absorbing informations from various resources such as video tutorials and books, it really is overwhelming but feels good at the same time.

ps: sorry for the crappy image quality for i'm using my old camera to shot them, my scanner is not big enough to contain the 18X24 paper.

cheers

Last edited by Dreamy Kid : 03 March 2007 at 01:38 AM.

03 March 2007
oil painting from model, we don't really have alot of time to work on this, so i'll just have to be happy with this for now

Last edited by Dreamy Kid : 03 March 2007 at 03:00 PM.

03 March 2007
Hi...Devin...

Some really nice things happening in your works...I really like the first one alot...has a very nice feeling to it, the way part of the figure is in atmosphere, and part of it is pure line...reminds me of old Master drawings that I have seen from China...not the figure itself , but the way it is represented in your drawing..nice technique there...
I also like the heavy set woman drawing alot...was wishing it had the fussed out atmosphereic areas to it like the first one that I just mentioed, where you lose the outline here and there...but that is just me..
That portrait with the torso study next to it is really good also...nice shading on that portrait, and the torso has a great look to it also..
I think your thread is off to a great start....I really enjoyed seeing the different approaches and techniques that you are experimenting with, and am really looking forward to seeing where your journy in here leads to...should be some great work and progress happening...seems that you are not afraid to challenge yourself and explore all the posibilities of all the different techniques out there...great to see that..
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOUR WORK, AND PROGRESS..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

03 March 2007
hi Glenn thanks for the visit and thanks for the compliment,
as you might have figured, i've been experimenting with different styles and approaches at this point, and sometimes it depends on the subject of study in that particular week.

This week is Vilppu's week i've just got many of his dvds and guidebooks. I've learn't alot from it, most of the time just from watching him draws. I'll post some drawings from the upcoming weekend life drawing session pretty soon.

cheers

03 March 2007
Hi Devin, welcome to you! You have some nice work here. Your random sketchbook drawings are really good. I like the way you have painted the portrait of the boy. Keep posting.

03 March 2007
Hi,
You've done some nice studies, it's good to do a variety of styles too..helps you figure out what works best for you
I think my fav of yours is the portrait you did of that fat lady..the line work and the colors you put in are just really really nice.

03 March 2007

just some study i did from joseph sheppard book.

I have recently discovered that my drawing lack of crossing/overlapping lines after watching vilppu dvds ( vilppu always emphasize how important it is ). i think it's one of the reason why sometimes i feel that my drawing lack of something and not clear enough.

This morning i woke up early and went to see figurative art exhibition in Ontario College of Art, it's not big but they do have a lot of magnificent works, I just wish i took my digital camera with me though. I usually go to a 3 hours life drawing session every saturday morning, It's a nice break for me since it's outside school and i know nobody there, no pressure from the teacher and stuff like that,- hopefully all the study this wekk will pay off.

03 March 2007
I like the soft feel you get in some of your drawings, lets see some more

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Thread Closed share thread