Anatomy Thread of Anand - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #61
WOW sweet sketches - great to see awesome 2d from you as well! KUDOS!

Old 10 October 2006   #62
You aren't human....I just want to say that. There is no way in hell you are fom this earth.... This is definitely on my top 5 threads here Anand. Thanks! More

Old 10 October 2006   #63
Hi Anand, Since everyone has said the nice things I wont repeat it! A suggestion from my side is to study the bony landmarks of d body it will help u get the elbow ,shoulder ,hip, rib etc areas volume much better!

Cheers

Siju

Old 10 October 2006   #64
Thanks Cris... I think practising a bit of 2D is essential for developing skills in 3D, and vice-versa.

Thanks for the kind words, NR43.. My proportions always go off a bit, though.. but I have decided to keep practising.

Thanks Intervain... you are getting on awesomely in 2D and 3D, as well.... I love that ZBrush hand study of yours.

Hi ha-dou-ken... thanks for dropping in.. I am human, though.... hehe.. I err quite a lot!!

Thank you so much, Siju.. I will keep in mind what you said... I need a lot of good advice.. keep stopping by my thread!

Here are my this weekend's sketches... I decided not to sculpt any more till I get a wacom... Sculpting with the mouse is straining my arm and wrist too much... in the meanwhile, I will sketch as much as I can.. problem is, I dont get much time on week days.. lots of work at the studio(thats a good thing, though!).

Old 10 October 2006   #65
btw, I have taken a liking to Rubens... I had always thought of him just as a guy who painted fat ladies!!..
Now that I look closely, I go crazy just imaging the amount of study that must have gone into his paintings. So much anatomical detail lies woven into those delicate strokes, though almost eclipsed by the richness of light and color.

I think, to really appreciate the work of a master, you must sketch from his paintings/sculpture.

Old 10 October 2006   #66
Originally Posted by anandpg: btw, I have taken a liking to Rubens... I had always thought of him just as a guy who painted fat ladies!!..
Now that I look closely, I go crazy just imaging the amount of study that must have gone into his paintings. So much anatomical detail lies woven into those delicate strokes, though almost eclipsed by the richness of light and color.

I think, to really appreciate the work of a master, you must sketch from his paintings/sculpture.

I couldn't agree more! The more I've looked and studied Rubens' and Michelangelo's drawings over the years, the more I appreciate their mastery - and how untouchable they are, in a sense. It really is a matter of seeing their work on increasingly deeper levels, and that only happens by really looking hard at their work and trying to copy it. Appreciate reading your thoughts here as well as seeing your inspiring work.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 10 October 2006   #67
Amazing, Anandpg. A valuable weekend after drawing these. I couldn't say which ones I like the most, they're all looking so great I like the amount of studies you do, because I only tend to do a few...Yes, I'm slow.
Very lovely linework, and shading is just right to give a sence of light hitting the head/figure/arm.
Would sure love to see you doing more of these, though I miss your sculpts already

Old 10 October 2006   #68
Wow, great 2d and 3d stuff. The limbs on the Pieta could do with a little work but I can see that you've concentrated on Zbrushing torsos and they do look fantastic.

The sketches look very natural and the marks are very confident and easy to look at. I like your style.

Old 11 November 2006   #69
Hi...Anand...

Just stopping by to say Hi, and to say that I really enjoy your drawings...you have a nice way of really capturing the same spirit and vitality that exist in the originals...a real pleasure to see these...BEAUTIFUL JOB...
Also wanted to thank you again, for the help you have given me with understanding Z BRUSH.
THANKS AGAIN...Anand...
HAVE A GREAT ONE..

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 11 November 2006   #70
Hi Anand

well i think it's all been covered so ditto, awesome work and keep it coming

Mark

Old 11 November 2006   #71
Anandpg Your work is incredible and most inspiring. You show such sensitivity to form and carve out as you need to show understanding of form and yet can sculpt some subtle and elegant shapes such as the calves of the Libyan Sybil.
Your are indeed a ZBrush master. My hope is when I begin my study of ZB, I will be able to have the sensibilty you demonstrate in your beautiful handling of your figures.

Old 11 November 2006   #72
I'm still looking your sketchbook and I don't know what to say. Your works are so amazing. Also I really like the sentence in your signature! XD~ I'll certainly keep an eye here, because I can't wait to see more stuff from you.

Old 11 November 2006   #73
Man, you are my hero! Dedication, theory, practice and talent all in one package! Extremally inspiring sketchbook. You 3d versions of Michelangelo's drawings made me breathless! Keep going, your work is really fantastic. Congrats.

Old 11 November 2006   #74
Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca... you know what? You have opened my eyes to a lot of things through this forum... the importance of master studies being just one of them... It just started with the torso lesson... and I dont think I will ever quit. thank you... thanks a lot.

Thanks, Razz... I have just started using my weekends fruitfully. Dont worry... I will start sculpting again soon.... meanwhile, sketching is very important home-work!!

Thanks for dropping in , Tonik!! Yeah.... Ive gotta work on the limbs... I am still not so good at positioning arms and legs in relation to the torso... they tend go off proportion... its a hard job... Ive gotta work on it. thanks for the feedback, man!

Thanks for the kind words, Glenn... About ZBrush, I wouldnt miss any opportunity to be of service to you..!

Hi FateBringer! Thanks for dropping in!

Thank you so much for the kind words, Aztc... it means so much to me coming from somebody as talented and experienced as you... The quality of your work is overwhelming.. Please consider me at your service whenever you want to know anything about ZBrush.

Hi Devil-inside...! Thanks for stopping by.... Actually I picked up that line from Irving Stone's Book "The Agony and the Ecstacy", about Michelangelo. Bertoldo, Michelangelo's sculpting instructor, tells him "talent is cheap; dedication is expensive.. it may cost you your whole life.." The 15 year old Michelangelo, who had no ambition in life but to carve marble, replies with his characteristic innocence: "but Master, what else is life for?"

Thanks for stopping by, Jramauri!!

Last edited by anandpg : 11 November 2006 at 05:22 AM.

Old 11 November 2006   #75
Great taste Anand! !"The Agony an the Ecstacy" pretty much shaped my life , read it when I was 16! About 20 times!

Try to watch the Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison movie of the same name !
Heston has done a god job as Michelangelo and Harrison as the Pope Julius II!

Cheers and Happy sculpting!

Thread Closed share thread