Anatomy Thread of Anand - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #46
Good lord. That's one of the most impressive things I've seen all year.

The legs seem a bit disproportionately large atm - but the torso / head / arms - WOW.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 10 October 2006 at 05:24 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #47
Hi....Anand....

Beautiful job on that....Can't help but think what Michelangelo would think if he saw this..
Would probably love it, I think..
KEEP INSPIRERING...

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Old 10 October 2006   #48
Beautiful sculptures! You really know your anatomy! Will check this thread often

3D modeler/3D generalist/texture artist

London UK

site: www.monicataddei.com

Old 10 October 2006   #49
Thanks, Rebecca... now that you said so, I think the legs are huge too.. I will post an edited version this week.. Thanks a lot.

Glenn.. thanks a lot.. I am sure Michelangelo wouldnt have given it a second look, but you just gave me the best compliment I ever got in my life...!! ...and coming from you, it holds a lot of value for me..

Thanks for stopping by, Monica.. and for the kind words. Pls keep watching and commenting!!

Old 10 October 2006   #50
With each new study you amaze me more, Anand! How do you make it so close to the original? What magic is this? You're insane, sir. In a very good way, of course.
The contour of your model looks very similar to the original drawing. Shows your great knowledge of anatomy. I really don't know what to say.
Can't wait to see another one. Ah, my poor jaw...

In continuation with what SpiritDreamer said, I think that Michelangelo would've sculpted it, not painted

Awesome skills

Old 10 October 2006   #51
ooh nice though it feels over-sculpted now - the buttocks seem unnatural to me but most of all the chest area of the back...Still awesomeness in general

Old 10 October 2006   #52
AMAZING WORKS SIR !! Beautiful studies...Great to see ur sketches as well.
I really enjoyed ur process..thanx for sharing

Keep Rocking!
btw im going to give u few stars

Old 10 October 2006   #53
(doesn't know what to say...."WOW" sums it up i guess)

Wip= Character study "Varaha"

Old 10 October 2006   #54
Fantastic sculpts! I'm very tempted to try to sculpt one of the torso studies due to your work. How many polygons to these tend to be? Love the sketches too, they look extremely accurate.

Old 10 October 2006   #55
Beautiful work, Anand! It's really great to see your 3D versions of these...so incredibly beautiful and intricate. And your sketches are on par with your sculpting. It's interesting to see the direction you chose for the lower half of her body. That came as a surprise. I agree with Rebecca on the leg, but damn....nice torso.

Cris

Old 10 October 2006   #56
hey anand!

simply beautyful work. you'r a true zb master

-r

Old 10 October 2006   #57
Hi Razz.. thanks for the kind words.. Its no magic..hehehe... though its awefully nice of you to say so.. If there is anything good in my images, its probably the clay studies I did at college paying off..

Hi Intervain... thanks for dropping in.. Yes... I think it is a bit over-sculpted.. it will take some more work to achieve a more subtle, smooth feel. I guess I should sculpt more from real-life reference. thanks for telling me.

thanks, Shyam!! keep dropping in.. call me when you are back in Bangalore!

Thanks, Vikram! when will you start posting your work?

thanks for dropping by, Womball.. I am glad if my work makes you want to do ZB Sculpting.. Please try it.. its really fun!

thanks, Cris... I will do something about the leg soon..!

thanks a lot, abyss...!! btw, I am very far from being a master... I just started... long way to go..hehe...

Old 10 October 2006   #58
I didnt sculpt a thing this weekend... tired of pushing the mouse all day... So I decided to get some much-need sketching practice... here u go... all master copies.. lousy, though

Old 10 October 2006   #59
Very nice on this last batch, Anand. I really love seeing those of you who are equally skilled in 3D as well as 2D....wonderful to see that ability.

Cris

Old 10 October 2006   #60
lousy??

don't be hard for yourself. They are damn good. One doesn't have to be a pro to see that you have a great sense for proportions and you know to eliminate what's redundant and capture the essence beautifully!

Way to go anandpg
Keep 'em coming!

Thread Closed share thread