Anatomy Thread of Anand - 2D/3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Hi Myku!!
Thanks for dropping in... I am glad you like the models..!

Here is one more..
after Carvaggio's "Amour Victorious"

I thought this one would be easy, but I realised that mighty muscle-men are easier to sculpt than infants! I spent quite a few hours on it, and still haven't got it quite right.

sketch:

here is the sketch for the next one... I started sculpting it yesterday, but didnt get very far..
after Michelangelo's
Study for the Libian Sybil

10 October 2006
pretty darn sweet sculpting here! and sketchign
makes me feel bad I can't sculpt in zbrush from the z-sphere... :/ must see to that...

10 October 2006
Gorgeous work here anandpg - keep inspiring!

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

10 October 2006
impressive works. that armor victorious piece looks amazing.

10 October 2006
Hi Intervain! Thanks for dropping in..

Thanks Rebecca.. I will keep trying my best.

thanks, Salubri3i.. amour victorious is the one I spent most time on.. i find it real hard to sculpt kids because they are so flexible and their surface anatomy is so volatile. .. so glad it came out ok. I think I need to spend some time sketching kids.

10 October 2006
Hi....Anan.....

Can't get over how well you depict those figures in Z BRUSH...AMAZEING...GREAT preleminary drawing studies also....FANTASTIC job, I think ..on that Carvaggio...really has that youthful muscle tone and appearance about it....
Thanks for taking the time out to stop by my thread, and for the sound advice... about combining Z BRUSH with another 3d software package to get the maximum effect.
BABY STEPS for me at the moment .....barely able to comprehend Z BRUSH right now...another
software will shortcircuit my brain for sure I think...LOL...
Was wondering if you had any tips for doing the hands,...mostly the fingers, using those z sphere's...do you have to make a seperate little sphere and joint for each digit of the fingers..?
I had trouble in that area on the z sphere figure that I just did...couldn't figure out how to
isolate just the hand area and just sub devide that one area for refinement, without sub deviding the whole figure...
Anyway, mainly just wanted to thank you for the inspiraton....THANK YOU..

P.S.....Can't wat to see that libian sybil....one of my favorite figures of his..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 10 October 2006 at 11:54 AM.

10 October 2006
I'm really amazed by your ability to sculpt human figure when having only one reference image and make it so real looking, very close to he ref. And the sketches are very nice too! You know both, 2d and 3d, and you know that's an awesome thing!

Keep rocking

10 October 2006
Hi Glenn.. I will try to answer your query about the hand later today in your thread.

Thanks, razz... I dont think I am much good in 2D.. I just use drawing as an aid to understand the forms I want to sculpt. I read in Irving Stone's "The Agony and The Ecstacy" that Bertoldo, Michelangelo's teacher, once told him: "Drawing is the candle the sculptor can light up, so that he does not have to grope in darkness". I think that says all thats to be said about the importance of drawing!

10 October 2006
Splendid models

The level of detail in your models ia awe-inspiring. Totaly mind boggling, I love it. Great sketches as well, anandpg. Look forward to seeing more of your models.

10 October 2006
I'm just getting into zbrush myself, so it's great to see the level of anatomy study that can be achieved. My favourite is the peice in post #22,
I've always loved that side view with the arm thrust forward to reveal the interplay of muscles coming from the scaplua and on the side of the torso. THe best exaple being Michelangelo's 'Victory' in my view.

10 October 2006
Amazing work anandpg

your sketches are very accurate, no wonder your 3D models are of such high quality
more soon I hope

10 October 2006
Thumbs up Hi ANAND ...................................

EXELLENT WORK.

UdaiKrishna

10 October 2006
hi anand,

i'm inspired !!! wow

lemme know when u r at work in the office ~ i'll peep and learn !!

awesome work !

-rgds,

10 October 2006
Hi spartan02! Thanks for the kind words..

Hi oDDity.. thanks for dropping in... You are right.. tha muscles of the back and shoulder are the most interesting to study.. and the hardest to model!

Thanks for the kind words, NR43.. I will keep trying.

Hi Udai... Hi Ashish... so nice of you to drop in... your appreciation adds to my confidence..

10 October 2006
Hi!
Here it is atlast... Got busy at the studio... so I couldnt work on it for some time..
after "Study for the libyan sibyl" by Michelangelo

Last edited by anandpg : 10 October 2006 at 06:52 AM.

Thread Closed share thread